sending the snow park road gap over a bus

wintortree

Likes Dirt
just a few of our trip to queenstown.
sending the road gap at snowpark
and a couple of adrian after his big crash at zoot track. he got real hurt and had to spend an extra 6 weeks in nz befor they let him fly home

380814_10150445889785870_683395869_8934290_895834156_n.jpg388472_10150445890900870_683395869_8934298_2124421427_n.jpg397241_10150445890795870_683395869_8934297_1830187570_n.jpg406471_10150468164440870_683395869_9009579_153639385_n.jpg395710_10150468164015870_683395869_9009578_1536330774_n.jpg

hope you enjoy

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Jono!

I miss queenstown, tried to get back at Easter but funds won't allow it. Next time I'll be there the place will be covered in snow (which is definitely not a bad thing)

Dirt park is such a rad track and that road gap is huuuuuge! Did you also hit up the rock drop?

It's easy to see how you could have a massive spill on Zoot, it's just so fast and rough, killer ruts in some sections too. Hope he gets back on the bike soon.

wintortree

Likes Dirt
Jono!

I miss queenstown, tried to get back at Easter but funds won't allow it. Next time I'll be there the place will be covered in snow (which is definitely not a bad thing)

Dirt park is such a rad track and that road gap is huuuuuge! Did you also hit up the rock drop?

It's easy to see how you could have a massive spill on Zoot, it's just so fast and rough, killer ruts in some sections too. Hope he gets back on the bike soon.
Yea we hit the rock step down to. You just fade away for so long.
The tracks there are the shit. So much fun. Heading back in may for a weekend to hit it up again.

Yea Zoot can get wild on those ruts. That's what happened to my mate. Sent one of the step up doubles and landed on the grass and when he tried to get back on track he cross rutted and fell down the step down on the other side. He was pretty beat up.5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, 2 broken arms and he managed to do his shoulder ac joint. He went off in a ambulance and when I arrived at the hospital they were cutting his chest open to put a tube in to let the air out and reinflate his lung. Was a little touch and go there for a while.

Hurd jono had a guy die up there this week. My thought go out to the family and to jono. Hope he's coping ok.

wintortree

Likes Dirt
Slightly off topic, but are their tracks at Coronet Peak still there, and rideable?
Yea mate there is. There is Zoot which is at the base of the mountain which you can shuttle your self or get QBT to do it. And there is the xc down hill and the down hill up coronet peak. Only problem with those is there is no shuttle/lift to the top. Your not allowed to drive the road so it's a push up or ride depending on your bike/fitness. It's worth doing it once but unless you super fit you will not enjoy the up.

Also there is skippers canyon which is heaps of fun and easy. Worth a shuttle on that to.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yea we hit the rock step down to. You just fade away for so long.
The tracks there are the shit. So much fun. Heading back in may for a weekend to hit it up again.

Yea Zoot can get wild on those ruts. That's what happened to my mate. Sent one of the step up doubles and landed on the grass and when he tried to get back on track he cross rutted and fell down the step down on the other side. He was pretty beat up.5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, 2 broken arms and he managed to do his shoulder ac joint. He went off in a ambulance and when I arrived at the hospital they were cutting his chest open to put a tube in to let the air out and reinflate his lung. Was a little touch and go there for a while.

Hurd jono had a guy die up there this week. My thought go out to the family and to jono. Hope he's coping ok.
That track mate me uneasy , I didn't like it at all . Are you going again at the start of the chairlift season ? Or earlyer . I'm keen to get back ASAP if your looking for peps to split accommodation

wintortree

Likes Dirt
That track mate me uneasy , I didn't like it at all . Are you going again at the start of the chairlift season ? Or earlyer . I'm keen to get back ASAP if your looking for peps to split accommodation
Yea snow park is wild. It's def a world cup track quality for shore. We had a few big offs on that track but super fun. You have to ride it hard or it will smash you.

Yea thinking of going back at the end of the year. Maybe only take the all mountain bikes this time. You can pretty much ride everything but snow park on them. But will open up wannaka and 7mile. Depending on who's going. I'll keep you posted