Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
And if I get a single inkling that you are jellylegs I'll ban this account too.
Moorey knows all in that reguard apparently. Form your own opinion, but remember opinions are like armpits. Everyone has two and sometimes they stimk. Don't realy see what the ole JL done wrong to get banned. Perhaps you should enlighten us.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Moorey knows all in that reguard apparently. Form your own opinion, but remember opinions are like armpits. Everyone has two and sometimes they stimk. Don't realy see what the ole JL done wrong to get banned. Perhaps you should enlighten us.
Perhaps you should leave this thread whilst your account is still active.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Perhaps you should leave this thread whilst your account is still active.
Perhaps i just like to push the boundries like i do on a mtb. Imo getting back to the op, dodging a person on the trail is no different to dodging a stray roo. No use getting upset, deal with it and expect the unexpected. Everything is an obstical one must overcome to complete the ride. Hit one, make an error, have a crash. If we only deal with what we know is on the trail, are we realy riding the trail to the best of our ability?

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
Not just an isolated case in Canberra, happens in Brissy too. Public and school holidays are the worst time for a quick pin down the local trails.

We have a predominantly down trail close to a car park, all the f@#wits decide to climb it and there are near misses all the time. There are heaps of other trails in the park to climb in peace but they must climb that one with the many blind corners.
I'm assuming you're referring to Rocket Frog? I'm wondering if something should be done about the sign at the trails entrance saying 'all trails two way'? Rocket Frog was my first ever single trail and that sign gave me the impression going up was fine :)

Three

Likes Bikes
I once came across 3 appointed workers for a local trail network sitting ON the trail eating lunch.
Said to them "Get off the trail, you should know better", but Im sure it sounded like "Gerttfffftrailllllll shnobttrrr" as I rode past.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good call Johnny except for the fact that dickheads that stop in the middle of the trail will not likely be reading this and thinking "oh, that's me.....". It doesn't just happen in Canberra though, happened to me in Thredbo the other day.

Biggest scare I have ever had like that was when I was down your way. Was riding Stromlo and setting up for the big jump over the bridge at the carpark. Was really loading up on speed as I came down the south side of the four cross track when about 20ft from take off I see this tiny flash of blue on the far side of the bridge moving towards the landing area so I jumped on the anchors big time and pulled up on the top of the take off. Good thing I did otherwise I literally would have killed a 5 year old kid on one of those little foot bike things. I went over to him and bent down and said "hey buddy it's really dangerous here you need to move over there". As I went to the car park I see dad or grand dad sitting over near the trail head texting away had never even noticed I had spoken to the kid or what had nearly happened. So I told him "mate you need to move the little guy away from there, people come over that jump really fast and they can't see him". "Huh??? oh yeah right" was the response. Whilst I packed up I kept an eye out but nothing happened and the little kid just mucked around the area. When I left he was still there with the dickhead texting away. I was so pissed and sad for the kid.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dodging a person on the trail is no different to dodging a stray roo. No use getting upset, deal with it and expect the unexpected.
Really? A stray roo is a mindless animal and a human standing in the middle of a mtb trail on a blind corner is a, oh wait...........

stirk

Burner
Perhaps i just like to push the boundries like i do on a mtb. Imo getting back to the op, dodging a person on the trail is no different to dodging a stray roo. No use getting upset, deal with it and expect the unexpected. Everything is an obstical one must overcome to complete the ride. Hit one, make an error, have a crash. If we only deal with what we know is on the trail, are we realy riding the trail to the best of our ability?

All truly aware people are very conscious of their presence and what that means to others.

You cir are not aware of anything but yourself, do you drive a truck?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Really, how hard is it to move over on a trail when you are stationary and someone comes through at speed. Some people are just a :Banane16:. I see this shit daily at one of the parks I ride at, I nearly know where to expect them sitting.

Last edited:

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Good call Johnny except for the fact that dickheads that stop in the middle of the trail will not likely be reading this and thinking "oh, that's me.....". It doesn't just happen in Canberra though, happened to me in Thredbo the other day.

Biggest scare I have ever had like that was when I was down your way. Was riding Stromlo and setting up for the big jump over the bridge at the carpark. Was really loading up on speed as I came down the south side of the four cross track when about 20ft from take off I see this tiny flash of blue on the far side of the bridge moving towards the landing area so I jumped on the anchors big time and pulled up on the top of the take off. Good thing I did otherwise I literally would have killed a 5 year old kid on one of those little foot bike things. I went over to him and bent down and said "hey buddy it's really dangerous here you need to move over there". As I went to the car park I see dad or grand dad sitting over near the trail head texting away had never even noticed I had spoken to the kid or what had nearly happened. So I told him "mate you need to move the little guy away from there, people come over that jump really fast and they can't see him". "Huh??? oh yeah right" was the response. Whilst I packed up I kept an eye out but nothing happened and the little kid just mucked around the area. When I left he was still there with the dickhead texting away. I was so pissed and sad for the kid.
Happened to me too on that jump, except there were 4 people on their bikes having a yarn right after the landing. It's the revamped 4X that brings all the traffic around that area. They don't quite understand that the last jump is originally for the DH, not the 4X and they expect you to give way to them while they come off the 4X into the jump and you're flying into it at 40km/h from the DH.

Spiny Norman

Likes Bikes
Not just an isolated case in Canberra, happens in Brissy too. Public and school holidays are the worst time for a quick pin down the local trails.
Must be an Easter thing, Gap Creek is usually pretty good, but I've a had few instances this long weekend of groups sitting in the middle of the track and looking at you slack jawed as you approach.

I find the bush walkers on the fire trails to be the worst. They'll spread out across the trail to have a chat (fair enough) but either refuse to move out of the way until you're just about on them or they'll scatter in either direction across the trail.

Treat it like a road! Move to the left and we'll all get along fine.

teK--

Eats Squid
What are the legalities if we crash into one of these clowns who are either stopped (without good reason), riding against one way trail, or walking on a signed MTB trail?

There was a vid I saw once of this guy maybe in BC about to launch off a huge skinny and saw someone standing in the landing zone but he couldn't stop quickly enough to eat shit big time to avoid hitting the other guy.

safreek

Pretty much. The amount of people I see at the regular trails out on their first mtb excursion with their a flash new carbon 29'er with all the trimmings is staggering.
Yeah, to be honest I blame 29rs for the influx of stupidity, apparently they are much easier to ride so even trendies in suits can ride in the bush. Back in the good old days you needed skill to ride those unforgiving 26" wheels, we were all hard c**** because you had to jump obstacles instead of rolling over them. Yeah 29r I'm calling you out over the dramas and hostility on the trails, you divided the masses when we needed unity. Spawn of Satan begone and usher in a new era of peace and harmony, 26rs and trail unity.

Minlak

custom titis
Lol people still thinking Rotorburn is a democracy at best it is a benelovant dictatorship. :)

Move you tools it is for your safety too.

Our trails are not heavily used in any way the same as yours are so thats even worse in some regards becasue people assume no one else is coming ever.

Funnily the reason you are standing in the trail is you met some one coming the other way but surely there cant be 3 people out here today lol.

MARKL

Eats Squid
For weeks now I've been telling myself that I won't come on here and rant but today was the final straw....

Pointless rant at the interweb done.
Really, this is not the Johnny we have come to love, respect and fear? I was expecting to read that it was best to avoid riding up Cardiac Arrest for a couple of weeks until the bodies are found...

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Yeah, to be honest I blame 29rs for the influx of stupidity, apparently they are much easier to ride so even trendies in suits can ride in the bush. Back in the good old days you needed skill to ride those unforgiving 26" wheels, we were all hard c**** because you had to jump obstacles instead of rolling over them. Yeah 29r I'm calling you out over the dramas and hostility on the trails, you divided the masses when we needed unity. Spawn of Satan begone and usher in a new era of peace and harmony, 26rs and trail unity.
I tried to jump a human obstacle on my 26" back in the day with only limited success. Now I have 29ers...I just roll right over them.

People have always been a bit dim since the dawn of time. Bicycles don't make them any worse. Its just that the current popularity of bicycles tends to make them congregate...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think 29ers attract a certain type of rider (arrogant, self righteous, full of shit...should be on the road). 27.5 attract 2 types of riders ("innovators" and those who have given up/submitted). 26 attracts 1 type (hardened die hard that are too stubborn to move on). Of course there are exceptions to the rules...but they are rare.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I use my 29" wheels to just roll over said idiots standing in the middle of the trail. It's even easier to do this on an e-bike, due to the extra torque.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I think 29ers attract a certain type of rider (arrogant, self righteous, full of shit...should be on the road). 27.5 attract 2 types of riders ("innovators" and those who have given up/submitted). 26 attracts 1 type (hardened die hard that are too stubborn to move on). Of course there are exceptions to the rules...but they are rare.
26" are for poor people.

OMV had its share of numpts on the track the other day, from the guy riding his huffy the wrong way around turkey to the dad taking his 4 yr old down turkey to the expert learning his mate and his kids about riding and completely blocking the exit track.

I love riding OMV, I ride there from my joint in about 10 mins. But I live in suburbia and as such it's accessible to all, I've never experienced any numpts at awaba or ourimbah.

I guess I accept it to some degree. Some sections of OMV are fast and blind with little room for error, that stuff is the pure manic joy of riding for me, rounding a corner flat knacker into someone going the wrong way is probably going to change my acceptance level somewhat.

What really grinds my gears though is the complete disregard by noobs for the etiquette of mtbing and the specific rules of the track. With the inter web there ain't no excuse. I suspect my view on this stems from years spent surfing where line ups regulate themselves.