Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
How it was out the front on the new section I have no idea but probably a mud bath if recent experience holds up.
The trail builders are pretty active on their Facebook letting people know whether to ride the new trails or not:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The trail builders are pretty active on their Facebook letting people know whether to ride the new trails or not:

Ah Facebook where everyone else gets their information. The old stuff out the back seems to handle the weather well but the front is more modern (read big jump lines) so seems to get soggy fast. That being said the breaking bumps out the back are getting pretty gnarly on some sections. I blame big ebikes coming in too hot :eek:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I rode Stromlo on Saturday morning before the rain, skyline to trebuchet and there was no mud/water in sight.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Had group of 6 newbies middle aged standing at the start of the flow trail at thredders, in the middle of the fire road blocking the run to the DH track. They all moved enough except this 1 guy, bear in mind you come through there quite quick, so I had to stop as he was fair on the apex and his friends had the sides around covered.
They were all watching me coming!
I’ll pull the anchors, stop just at the guy who watched me the whole way, myself with no emotion ( he is looking at me completely puzzled and I’m sure ‘where the hell was he going’ was in his mind). I just say to him “that there’s the run to the DH track and you come from up there” Walked around him and started the slight uphill pedal on my downhill bike. The guy was full lights on no one home still as I turned back with a little shake of my head.

That above, verse the guy out of his depth on the DH track but desperate to get out my way through snakes and ladders and yelling sorry.
This guy here no one could feel any animosity towards, because he’s aware, cares and obviously the type to help people in need as opposed to old mate that would walk past a frail old person on the ground.
Oh and if you’re not going Mach 10 in your Dharco pyjama pants you do look pretty ordinary.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
<snip>
.................Oh and if you’re not going Mach 10 in your Dharco pyjama pants you do look pretty ordinary.
The Leopard print Dharco pyjama pants do look pretty fucking sexy though, TBH. Pair with annoying bluetooth backpack speaker pumping Barry White tunes for the whole mountainside to hear, as I plow my way down, hitting every b-line.

I suspect that only Wyn Masters, Loris Vergier, or Jack Moir would be able to rock the leopard ones without looking like a knob.

A shorts version would be frikken sweet :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Leopard print Dharco pyjama pants do look pretty fucking sexy though, TBH. Pair with annoying bluetooth backpack speaker pumping Barry White tunes for the whole mountainside to hear, as I plow my way down, hitting every b-line.

I suspect that only Wyn Masters, Loris Vergier, or Jack Moir would be able to rock the leopard ones without looking like a knob.

A shorts version would be frikken sweet :D
Well that is my second regrettable Google search for today. The first being a search for black cockatoos, but I hit the go button before I had finished typing.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheap Chinese Electric dirt bikes are the plague that pit bikes were 10 years ago. It brings the price range into what the average urban bogan can afford, and they hit the shared paths, city parks, walking tracks and MTB trails that are close to town.
Sure do. They are trashing the already sad looking trails in the lower part of the MBT park in Glenorchy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheap Chinese Electric dirt bikes are the plague that pit bikes were 10 years ago. It brings the price range into what the average urban bogan can afford, and they hit the shared paths, city parks, walking tracks and MTB trails that are close to town.
Don't worry! We still have pit bikes on our tails as well as this new wave of problems.