sherman firefly

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're are very good FORK, the retail is 1400ish. I currently own a pair of Flicks and they're excellent. I would say that for trail riding and dh, Manitou Sherman series would be the best sc forks around. I wouldn't think twice about not getting Shermans over any other fork. The main thing you want to ask yourself is whether or not the extra for the fireflys is worth it over the flicks.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
for price
=FireFly QR RRP: $ 1,299
=FireFly TA RRP: $ 1,385
(bike addication prices)
and for what ya gettin, fuckin awsome, best fork i have ever ridden and thats y i got em on me bike. they are so smooth, it fells like u have more travel than you accually do. they look super cool. the rebound and compression is perfect. u would never go back to another fork, they r the perfect desision, 5 thumbs up

Oli7000

Likes Bikes
Yeah Coollyney's prices are about right. The only problem with '04 Shermans is that you can't get them in black anymore :( .

The forks are awsome though :D

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
what, no black, ARRRRR, its the best colour. but atleast the sliders r still black, plan on gettin a pair of em very soon

a_harbour

Likes Dirt
Fireflies

Highly recomend em, worth every cent. I got 03 model, best SC made so far. Black is the best colour though, looks better than cammo and the grey. There so plush and so smooth, they soak up absolutely everything.

Rik

logged out
Oli7000 said:
Yeah Coollyney's prices are about right. The only problem with '04 Shermans is that you can't get them in black anymore :( .
You can't? I'll double check it tomorrow, but I was looking at parts numbers and every Sherman has 2 colour options, most of them being either Black or Camo... and I know which one is stronger ;)

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
Oli7000 said:
You can't? I'll double check it tomorrow, but I was looking at parts numbers and every Sherman has 2 colour options, most of them being either Black or Camo... and I know which one is stronger ;)
now thats just silly rik... but if there is such a ludicros (sp) thing behind strength and color... nah, couldnt be...unless, sorry nope youve got me stumped

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I have 03 fireflys. Great smoooth fork. The travel adjuster can play up though, but I never put it to 4" anyways. Feels as solid as my jrt for most work, only when you really push it do you notice that its a single crown. The only other complaint is the quality of the dust seals. After a couple of months you need to retension the springs around them as they get really sloppy and seem to let a bit of grime in.

Oh and you can get black, camo or grey in either fork. Just depends on what they have in stock!

Rik

logged out
For 04, the Firefly has SPV, the Flick has TPC. Definately worth the bit extra for the SPV and reduced weight.

You can get the Flick in matt grey and camo, the Firefly in matt black and camo.

dhd

Downhill Direct
Yeah.....I just got some black Fireflies and they are awesome! I had some Blacks and these are streets ahead of them.

Rik

logged out
Why the hell are you bumping this, you've had all your questions answered? Or are you just looking for more feedback?

monkeymagic said:
now thats just silly rik... but if there is such a ludicros (sp) thing behind strength and color... nah, couldnt be...unless, sorry nope youve got me stumped
It's true.
Camo forks use decals for the graphics. Decals add strength... and we all know it's only the stickers that hold Manitous together.

Rik said:
monkeymagic said:
It's true.
Camo forks use decals for the graphics. Decals add strength... and we all know it's only the stickers that hold Manitous together.
Good to see you're being environmentally friendly and recycling jokes, Rik :wink:
...as am i...