Shimano bleed block width

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Can someone with one measure it for me please. I need one for my M785 Xts. I can pay with my eternal gratefulness? I've tried to buy one but they seem to be like hen's teeth and I'm not paying $30 freight off Fleabay......

DMan

Thanks folks, just what I was after. I'll just make a little wood block of 10mm

mark22

Likes Dirt
Old pads

I lever the piston back with a set of old pads in and just pack up the remaining gap with whatever will then fit in. Works for me

KouraKoura

Likes Bikes
I find the yellow shimano blocks too big. Too much lever throw. These days I just use a pair of already contaminated pads (or buy some cheap resin pads and keep for this purpose), put the wheel on and bleed with an actual lever feel. I make sure to thoroughly iso clean the rotor before use though. This is on XTR9000's but should be the same with 785's.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Cut up the wife's CCs and laminate into the right thickness.

Two birds, one yonnie and all that...

mark22

Likes Dirt
Lever throw

If I bleed the brakes with the pistons pushed right in (retracted), opposed to a brake bleed block does it have any effect on lever throw?

DMan

If I bleed the brakes with the pistons pushed right in (retracted), opposed to a brake bleed block does it have any effect on lever throw?
Are you talking feel or throw? As in how far you pull them in before they bite?? Have you played with the lever throw screw?