Shimano Disc Brake (LHS) – Rear Shifter (RHS)

mrptl

Likes Bikes
Looking for:
1/ Disc brake, left hand side lever, lever + calliper
2/ Rear gear shifter, right hand side
hinged clamp
• Shimano XT, SLX or Deore
• good working condition

If you have both would be easier – just one of the two is alright too.
Make me an offer.

ChopSticks

Banned
might be helpful if you clarify the rear mech you have.... ie are you after a 7/8/9/10/11 speed shifter?

do you need a hose or cable with that brake? since you only asked for "Lever + calliper"

mrptl

Likes Bikes
might be helpful if you clarify the rear mech you have.... ie are you after a 7/8/9/10/11 speed shifter?

do you need a hose or cable with that brake? since you only asked for "Lever + calliper"
Always forget something… thanks. I need a 9 speed shifter, and for the brake I need lever + hose + calliper.

mrptl

Likes Bikes
Might have a break. I'll check tonight.
Cool, let me know if it ticks all the boxes and the conditions; I'll of course pay for postage at least.

ps. it really need to be hinged clamp, as it won't slide through the curve of the bullhorn handle bar

moorey

call me Mia
Cool, let me know if it ticks all the boxes and the conditions; I'll of course pay for postage at least.

ps. it really need to be hinged clamp, as it won't slide through the curve of the bullhorn handle bar
Ok, forgot I donated the calliper off it, but I have a LH deore 596 lever and hose in great condition. Have a deore 9sp shifter that was donated to me, so happy to donate on.
$20 for the lot posted if that of interest, you should be able to find a cheap or donor calliper lever. Any shimano works with any shimano.

Attachments

Last edited:

mrptl

Likes Bikes
Ok, forgot I donated the calliper off it, but I have a LH deore 596 lever and hose in great condition. Have a deore 9sp shifter that was donated to me, so happy to donate on.
$20 for the lot posted if that of interest, you should be able to find a cheap or donor calliper lever. Any shimano works with any shimano.
Is the shifter hinged clamp? Look like the same I have already (ie. a clamp you can open up).

moorey

call me Mia
Is the shifter hinged clamp? Look like the same I have already (ie. a clamp you can open up).
No. You'd need ispec for that. Hinged brake with a shifter that mounts to that. No shimano shifters that I know of are hinged.

mrptl

Likes Bikes
No. You'd need ispec for that. Hinged brake with a shifter that mounts to that. No shimano shifters that I know of are hinged.
Is i-spec a "technology" to combine brake and shifter into one clamp? If so, do you know if we can have only one of the two?

moorey

call me Mia
Is i-spec a "technology" to combine brake and shifter into one clamp? If so, do you know if we can have only one of the two?
ispec shifter mounts on the ispec brake lever (theres 2 versions that aren't compatible, btw).
You can't get a hinged shifter that I know of, but you can get a bar mount (non hinged) for your shifter instead of mounting to the brakes.
I think your only option is going ispec, but others might nave better suggestions :noidea:

mrptl

Likes Bikes
ispec shifter mounts on the ispec brake lever (theres 2 versions that aren't compatible, btw).
You can't get a hinged shifter that I know of, but you can get a bar mount (non hinged) for your shifter instead of mounting to the brakes.
I think your only option is going ispec, but others might nave better suggestions :noidea:
Cheers for the answers. Will see if I can slide my old gears through that handlebar that I'll receive soon.