Shimmy shimmy ya

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on this vs. the geometron you had.
I'll definitely be providing those. I still need a BB and the tyres are on backorder.

So may be a week or two before it's built.

Then I need Melbourne to open up to be able to ride it somewhere good.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
A bit of progress.

Love the silver and black. That's looking awesome.

I love that Transition run the rear brake external to the frame but I do wish it was more central to allow for left hard rear brake without the crap loop running back down the same side.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the silver and black. That's looking awesome.

I love that Transition run the rear brake external to the frame but I do wish it was more central to allow for left hard rear brake without the crap loop running back down the same side.
Yeah I love external brake routing too but you are right that's not ideal. I'm hoping I can cable tie it to the shifter cable and avoid any frame contact.

Both brake lines are about a kilometre too long.

I finally got the BB to finish the build but unfortunately the dub BB required a specific tool which I don't have.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah I love external brake routing too but you are right that's not ideal. I'm hoping I can cable tie it to the shifter cable and avoid any frame contact.

Both brake lines are about a kilometre too long.

I finally got the BB to finish the build but unfortunately the dub BB required a specific tool which I don't have.

You can loop the rear brake hose around the headtube like normal, zip-tie it to the shifter cable where that enters the port, and route the brake hose over the downtube to the upper brake hose tie-down point (might want to add some frame protection across there first).

Did it with my Sentinel, can be seen in the pics here:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
You can loop the rear brake hose around the headtube like normal, zip-tie it to the shifter cable where that enters the port, and route the brake hose over the downtube to the upper brake hose tie-down point (might want to add some frame protection across there first).

Did it with my Sentinel, can be seen in the pics here:
I considered doing that but didn't love the idea of it crossing the downtube. Now that I see it on your bike though it does looks neater. Might have to rehash it

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Lovely touch with the silver valves. Such a clean, purposeful looking bike, real nice.

The Dominion brake lines don't like to shaped into too tight a radius so I think Beeb could be onto something there.