Shut up and take my $$ (bikecomp.de)

specialized32

Likes Bikes
Hi All.

Was going through bikecomponent.de website for a full GX Eagle drivetrain and code RSC brakes now they are very well priced even comparing say off eBay or MTB direct.

Has anyone dealt with them before? I wouldn't mind buying a bundle of SRAM gear from them but thought we have been geoblocked i.e ubyk and CRC?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Hi All.

Was going through bikecomponent.de website for a full GX Eagle drivetrain and code RSC brakes now they are very well priced even comparing say off eBay or MTB direct.

Has anyone dealt with them before? I wouldn't mind buying a bundle of SRAM gear from them but thought we have been geoblocked i.e ubyk and CRC?

You twit, you're giving up the last game in town!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

specialized32

Likes Bikes
Sorry just couldn't find anything on the forums. eBay sellers direct from factory go for very similar prices but the GX eagle drivetrain complete was stupid cheap compared to anything online

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

Sorry just couldn't find anything on the forums. eBay sellers direct from factory go for very similar prices but the GX eagle drivetrain complete was stupid cheap compared to anything online

Haha, all good. It's not exactly a well kept secret, but we're all quietly hoping that it lasts as long as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
They are legit - shipping takes a week or two via DHL but stuff has always turned up.

r2bike.de are also ok, can be cheaper than B-C, don't geo-block and have a great range of wheels. The only negatives are slightly higher shipping costs and a 2% surcharge on Paypal payments, which is not evident until you go to pay for your order.

I found B-C to be the best communicators compared to others like r2bike and bike24 (overnight responses vs. days/never) and have more reliable shipping too. They also price match the other German sites, so check price on r2bike.de first then hit up B-C for the same buy price with cheaper shipping.

eg. Code RSC at r2bike is EUR300.42 (https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Disc-Brake-CODE-RSC-Set) + EUR25 shipping + 2% payment surcharge, total EUR331.93
B-C have them at EUR318.49 + EUR19.95 shipping, but B-C should price match r2bike, so you should be able to pay EUR300.42 + EUR20 shipping, or about AUD$500 to your door depending on exchange rate.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Ze Germans aren't the only mob that are getting round the geoblock and still delivering reasonable prices. There's a mob in the Netherlands too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry just couldn't find anything on the forums.
Thats because we are too busy sending our cash there.

I have a regular order to one of the German-4 each month for just under the $1000 threshold (few bit's for mates in there)

beejay

Likes Dirt
Yep they are all good have used them plenty. Shipping can take a bit for me (i'm in Cairns) usualy 3 weeks (15 working days) but always arrives perfect.

silentbutdeadly said:
There's a mob in the Netherlands too.
care to share the site? :behindsofa: similar prices?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A good way of getting your stuff quicker from the Germans is only buy gear thats is 1-2 day delivery, this means they carry the stock. 3-5 day or more means they are getting it from a supplier and will delay your order getting packed.
I have had an order take a week to pack as 1 item held it up, also had orders packed within hours and had it in my hands a week later.