Silly things that you used to believe when you first started riding

xwgasaxe

Squid
Bending stuff just meant it had to be put in the freezer to fix it....
I am pretty sure I used to think the same thing about those 5 spoke plastic rims that were the business on 80's BMX's till you actually try to put one in the freezer...Doh!

dw-link

Likes Dirt
mine was jumping off the gutter the furthest or highest and who can ride the fastest:p:)

Last edited:

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That suspension made you jump better.

(If you have 10in of suspension F & R you can jup higher of anything (including skateparks...) than a HT)

WOFTT

Likes Bikes
Haha +1 to that.

I used to think that Marzocchi drop offs were the best fork ever, and Hayes nines were the best brakes out.
:( hmmmm..... I am just replacing my Marzocchi's with more Marzocchi's

back to the drawing board......

pinarlusu

Likes Bikes
i thought the fattest tyres were the fastest on dirt and the best, so i got a pair of Minion DHF n DHR 2.5 for my first MTB, which is only a cheap crappy xc bike LOL

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that its more important to have a really grippy tire on your back wheel even if your front is crap :)

Keish.LB

Likes Bikes
that if you had a fast animal on your bike, you'd go faster... my first half proper mtb was a Cheetah...
An Apollo Cheetah? My first 'decent' bike too :cool:

- Bump jumping was how the pro's made their way up gutters.
- My Giant Upland was seriously the best in the world, especially when I was still in primary school.
- Mechanical brakes were a league above hydraulic
- and endos were the best trick anyone could ever do. Mind you, back then, that probably was the best thing any of us could actually do...

Silly things you used to believe when you first started riding

- Rock Shox Judy forks were THE fork to have ( i was devastated when they were cut from the lineup in place for the Tora a few years later )

- My Apollo evolution with elastometer forks, V brakes, and 2.1 inch tyres could take on anything, including DJ, hucking, DH and skate parks

- Iced coffee cartons in the rear wheel to make the clicking moto sound was awesome

- any bike with a square stem was a proper BMX

- that my 'bmx' had two chainstay tubes with the ends opened made the bike have exhausts

- Red and green tyres were the shizzle

- Rear suspension was just a front fork reversed along the chain stay