Single Speed Cassette Hubs

Davo94

Likes Dirt
Hey fellow Burners,

I'm Currently on the market for a Single speed disc Hub to use on a DH SS build. I would prefer the cassette style as it alows me to fiddle with gearing easier.

Lets make this "THE" thread for single speed, disk compatible, cassette style hubs.

As far as I know:

Hope Pro 2 SS/Trials
Woodman Bill Single RSN/RSQ
Nashbar Single Speed Cassette Hub
Hadley SS
Chris King ISO Single Speed Disc

As you name more I'll add to this post

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recommend the hadley ss. They cost a mint, but there is nothing better. The 10mm through axle is really easy to use, and very stiff. Ti cassette carrier and super fast engagement. I've been using mine for a year now with no problems so far. I pull it apart once every few months to check everything is still greasy.
Only thing is you need to buy a park pin spanner, and a non standard size cone spanner to get it apart.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Tuffneck SS
Fireeye Excelarant
Nashbar SS
Trueprecision Stealth (Pawless)
Misfit SS
Eastern Bikes 10mm SS
NPJ Rear Hub
Funn Bullet
Industry Nine SS

Etc...

Hope Pro II SS/Trials Hub

I have been using the Hope Pro II SS/Trials Hub for about 4 months now, and so far it has been brilliant. The steel carrier is really strong, the flutes are yet to be damaged by the single sprocket. Another bonus is the different sized metal spacers supplied with the hub. These allow for good chain line calibration, and require you only to purchase a single sprocket to set this hub up for SS. I bought a Shimano DX sprocket to put on this hub, they only cost AUD$5.00 and work very well, and come in a good range of sizes. The 10mm bolt up axle is also really strong, and has a nice, reliable feel to it. The engagement noise is also typical Hope, loud.