skatepark etiquette

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well to solve that problem, the answer is clear.stop graff on ramps. the council doesnt get pissed at us, dont waste money and have it painted over, and the graff in the first place usually makes it slippier.

Myself, and most other park riders i know, would much rather have no graf than graff. There is a reason why the council paint over the stuff on ramp surfaces, bit not on the walls around it (weston + tuggers) Makes most ramps look really seedy, too

genie

Likes Bikes
Mahoney_007 said:
I got some more

1) Dont throw your freaking glass bottles on the ground(concrete).

2) Graffitti/artwork is cool, black pen stating, that "Sarah is a SLUT" is not, put some effort into it!
:roll: but i thourght sarah was a slut?? :twisted:

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
I don't generally ride in the skate bowls, but generally the only skaters who give me shit, are the young ones. Anyone who has been there for a long time, the older skaters (possibly the ones who even lobbied to have it built) they don't say anything, and if tey do its usually cheering on a rider for busting out big air.
The younger skaters have haps of attitude towards riders no matter what,
Maybe following these rules helps, but some people are just morons......then again I guess it probably goes both ways. they might have developed te attitude from riders their age..............

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
Friendly_llama said:
chow said:
How bout they shouldnt be called skate parks cause skaters are mainly all fucking losers and they suck big black cock
Does anyone else smell some retard in the air??
give him a chance... its probably the only sentence he knows :roll:
poor bugger.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what?

how was that relevant?

the person paying the least attention to what theyre doing, causing a collision, loses.

360xup

Banned
Skatepark ettiquette

Hey how bout this one, mainly for the urban guys but how bout if your gonna sprocket, pedal stall/grind stuff, you attempt to keep it on the coping so that the park doesnt get chipped and cracks out of it everywhere ----> oh yeah, and respect the little kids on the 12 inchers or scooters, remeber the parents are the ones who will be protective and wont hesitate to "proclaim the wicked ways of the park" to the local council, so just avoid the lil 'bastards with their parents

wtr

Likes Dirt
Man, i reckon, if those little punks showing attitudes towards riders since they were little, imagine what they'll be like when they grow up!!!! If we don't hit back, we can't ever hit back. But, leave those showing respect along though. pc

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they aint showin attitudes, they just snake the shit out of people, and ended up effectively running one of my mates into a wall!

people just need to learn park etiquette, thats all.

Friendly_llama said:
chow said:
How bout they shouldn't be called skate parks cause skaters are mainly all fucking losers and they suck big black cock
Does anyone else smell some retard in the air??
Your a wanker dude. My brother is twenty and he skates, he has no animosity to riders whatsoever, with the exception of those little turds that circle like others have already stated. Scooters are the worst. Its called a skate park, i ride a bmx and mtb and i don't hate anyone being in skate parks, just have a little respect for others. I slammed this little scooter kid the other day, by accident, but there wasn't much i could do when i was six feet in the air and someone rides in front of you.
I definitely smell retard!
It is people like you that promote anger between two groups in which the majority of both parties get along fine.
You sound like that tool that wrote that article in that skate mag a while back about how skaters hate bikers and all other whacked out garbage.
Did you not read the posts about inappropriate postings, racism etc.

god damed barstools

I have no problem with little kids being at a skate park i even take my 4 yr old cousin down. i do have one with little barstools who rock up thinking they know how to ride skate etc. and drop in everywhere anytime without looking, but my biggest beef however is with the parents of these little shit heads the ones that know perfectly well when your concentrating on sticking something you don't expect some little cracker to come out of no where and stop right in your path. due to this back in my days of blading I just dodged the little shit head clipping his front tire and head planting it in the the funbox. what really shits me is the fact that this idiot of a mother told me to be more careful and that this was not the place for doing the kinda stuff i was. well she walked off and i lay there with a mild concussion, could've given me a helping hand at least.

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah that is a great post, but one huge thing matters, TRYING TELLING THE FARKIN ASSWHOLE SKATERS AND ANNOYING LITTLE KIDS THAT

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
most of the skaters have a fair grasp of this, seeing as skating is a lot more focused around parks than bike riding in general.

as for the kids, they are just starting out, go easy on em. give em advice.

ed the frog

Likes Dirt
man this post set off something huge!

good post ty, cheers for that, hopefully it will be takin in by all! but whatswith BMX?? this is mountain biking man!

cornflake

Likes Dirt
riderigid said:
i think people need to be taught this at birth. people get hurt, badly from bikes and skateboards. STICKY!
yeah, and skateboardERS!! they can get pretty pissed if mtb riders just rock up and get in the way....