small berm building- pics and progress pg1

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I've never seen that section of the track sadly. That would be an easy fix though. There is just so much to do out there! Are you on Strava by any chance? I'd love to find these places like the one in the pic.
Yeah look up banjo foxpuppet on Strava.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks great mate! Good to see the kids involved. Looks like sandy soil you have to work with.

EvFlow

Likes Bikes
L
I've never seen that section of the track sadly. That would be an easy fix though. There is just so much to do out there! Are you on Strava by any chance? I'd love to find these places like the one in the pic.
Don't hold me to it but I think you'll find that timber ramp was built as a push up ramp so when pushing up the dh track you weren't pushing up at a blind jump

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Great work swaz! I rode there today for the first time in ages. Your berm rides really well!
Looks like a bit of work has been going on here as there. I actually got lost at one point on the AM track due to a few new 'diversions'

Did notice a bit of neglect on some woodwork though.

View attachment 303887
That section is easy to find Swaz. Just get to the head of the DH track and follow it down. It is a single line most of the way until just before this spot...you'll know when you are near it because you will be on a large piece of rock that rolls down onto a stretch of palette followed by a straight rough arse tyre popping approach to a sad jump. When you arrive at the first palette ramp pull up and walk about 3m to your right through the bush. There you will find the busted spiral (which I find rides just fine as is provide you are cooking) some trail you have missed by going past the unnoticeable turn off. there is a fun but stupid shore ramp to flat and a bit of tricky up-down-keep working over some rocks.

Just a quick question, why would you bother with woodwork like that?

Seems it's just creating extra effort when the natural terrain did the job just fine. Is there something under there that I can't see?
There is something you are missing...but it isn't major. This was once an A-line on a DH race track with a bit of a huck in it. The ramp makes it rideable by pretty much any rider as the huck was moderately retarded and difficult to negotiate. there is a gap, a turn, a tree, and a lot of rocks. the spiral is fun for the times you want something different than the current DH race line which (as noted above) is about 3m to the left of this.

Swaz while you are in there can you please build a kicker at the end of the rocky chute??? please!!?? It used to be an awesome jump, but is now just a painfully annoying bump on the track. this is a really fast and fun bit of trail that eats tyres.