Small form drink bottles for smaller frames

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Hi all,
So I’ve got my wife a new bike which is her first dually and is a small frame and her drink bottle is a really tight fit.
was wondering if anyone can suggest a good smaller formed drink bottle?
Alternately if I could get a bottle cage that sits a few cm’s lower on the frame would also work as there’s a fair bit of room between the bottom of the current cage and the rear shock.

leitch

Wheel size expert
Went through this with my old Nomad, which had hardly any space for a bottle. I found the small Tacx bottles were a good fit (but pretty shitty bottles otherwise - really hard plastic spout, poor sealing) as was the new 600mL Podium.

A side-loading bottle cage makes a huge difference so the bottle just comes directly out to the side. I dremeled the screw slots on mine to be about 5mm longer to get the cage lower down and away from the shock reservoir.

K.C.

Squid
i used wolf tooth bottle shift, it does help a 500ml bottle clear(ish) the shock on small 2016 spesh enduro
now moved to canyon eject hydration system with 2x 400ml bottles which fit better with a pump in the middle win

bear the bear

Is a real bear
We run these on all the bikes, Arundel sideloader/ other sideloader. Never lost a bottle.
There are other brands such as Bontrager and Specialized that do something similar

DMan

alid sinistra oliva
Fidlock do a 450mm bottle/magnetic low profile mount. Not cheap but the only thing I could get on my wife's small Sight.