Snakes

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Once they can fend for themselves (and that happens well, well before they reach 4') they are on their own and find their own territory.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.......... You do crack me up Redbruce. Unless you were being serious, in which case you're still funny, but I'll feel much better knowing that when I next meet a 4ft Tiger.

redbruce

Eats Squid
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.......... You do crack me up Redbruce. Unless you were being serious, in which case you're still funny, but I'll feel much better knowing that when I next meet a 4ft Tiger.
Ha ha, yeah got me there (goddam science background screws with my humour mode)

(Another) note to myself, say/do nothing until at least two coffees are in the system.

To add insult to injury I got picked up on it by a burner mate before I even got to work.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Just 'cos it's April & supposedly getting cooler doesn't mean the snakers are sleeping just yet.... spotted a quite sizeable Brownie at the top of Lactic acid at You Yangs this arv. Fortunately I was going up the track, so not all that fast, so spotted in plenty of time. Calmly hopped off the bike, keeping it between me & the snake, just in case, and just watched it for a while. I have no doubt it saw me, as it was moving around a fair bit, but there was no aggro or anything; I think it was more concerned about finding a nice fluffy rabbit for dinner.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Still out and about. Came across this fella on the fire road from Drysdale carpark up to Boulder today.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
I nearly stepped on a small Tiger on the Yarra Trails single track just before the canoe club at Templestowe a couple of weeks ago.
Moved aside on the trail going past another rider, and stopped and put a foot down when he said his girlfriend was following, looked down and there was a small Tiger snake, maybe 3 or 4 foot long almost under my back wheel, weaving around trying to get through! Gave me a fright but he wasn't interested in me at all, just wanted to get to the river.

will2

Likes Dirt
Went to take a piss on a pig ol' gum tree yesterday during a spin on some fireroads. Got my pizzle out, lent back to talk to god and about a metre above my head and on the left hand side of the tree is a monster Goanna. He must have been 2 metres, easily.

Not snakes but part of the Illuminati Reptilian nation. Spying on us piss and shit. Fuck the system.

stirk

Burner
Went to take a piss on a pig ol' gum tree yesterday during a spin on some fireroads. Got my pizzle out, lent back to talk to god and about a metre above my head and on the left hand side of the tree is a monster Goanna. He must have been 2 metres, easily.

Not snakes but part of the Illuminati Reptilian nation. Spying on us piss and shit. Fuck the system.
One day I was riding along in my zone with the world around me just a blurry background, a very peaceful moment.

All of a sudden the bush to my left exploded into motion and a large injection of adrenalin punched my heart beat up a gear.

A bloody huge goanna was bolting along the bush beside me matching my speed, racing me, then it darted in front of me and up a tree.

Took my nerves a while to recover from that and took even longer for my grin to subside.

stirk

Burner
2015 season open!

Being such a lovely warm day I'm surprised I only saw one snake, a nice 1meter long red belly.

I love spring weather, snake mating season not so much.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
A nice big brown sitting on,a fire trail at the You Yangs in May.

Plenty of time to get the phone out as he wasn't going anywhere in a hurry.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
I came within a couple of cm of running over the head of a big brown out at Stromlo this morning. Of all places to come across him, he was on Paparazzi, one of the busiest sections of trail in the place. No time to take any photos - after that near miss, he was gone!

One good thing to come out of a miss like that is that I didn't have to keep reminding myself to scan down the trail for the rest of the ride!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had a young Tiger strike at me this morning at Sparrow. It was only a metre or so long, and was coiled up and quietly sunning itself right next to the trail and minding its own business - I snuck up on him and scared it, luckily for me I was going fairly quickly and he missed!!

It did a runner back into its hole after I stopped and peered at it. Didn't even think to take a photo...

nzdans

Likes Dirt
Ahh, great third ACT report in one day; there's a nice pic of a brown at the bottom of fenceline (Stromlo) on the CORC FB page from this morning. :behindsofa:

redline316

Likes Dirt
Came across a nice size red belly this morning at lake parramatta the wife nearly shit herself, took off before i could get a photo.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Ahh, great third ACT report in one day; there's a nice pic of a brown at the bottom of fenceline (Stromlo) on the CORC FB page from this morning. :behindsofa:
Yeah I saw that report. Reckon the one I almost collected could be the same one - colouring looked almost identical, similar size too.