So dirt mag says Bryn is off GT

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Ozza - just to clear it up for you... the contracts these guys sign DO tend to lock them in until the end of a year, some even state that they cannot negotiate until the contract ends, so 'legally' this does create issues. Luckily for all of us, the contracts are not enforced this way and riders are allowed to negotiate freely once it has been established that they are either dropped or not re-signing (usually around August). There are exceptions to the rule. We had heaps of issues when Mick was moving from Haro to Cannondale, so it is not a 100% rule.

With Sam I have no doubt that he knows and has known what he is riding in 2009 for some time... I could be wrong on this, but he is a very professional guy so I couldn't see him leaving it to the last minute.

I have heard heaps of rumours regarding the GT/Mongoose (and now Cannondale?) team for 2009. One little birdie told me all three will be together in one tent and that GT WILL have a DH rider on the new Carbon bike (someone from North America was my mail). The team with a lot of underpaid talent is Yeti - they have a lot of young riders with form and I doubt that all of them will be there next year (I bet Sam B is looking for more money right now... the fact that Martin Whitely manages him AND the new Trek team.... well it isn't hard to see the possibilities).

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's already been established that Monster will be riding Specialized :p
yeah but ozza is too immature to realise that, he came onto msna nd shouted me down asking for proof they are riding spesh, hes just going to deny it for as long as physically possible before suiciding :p

Lube

Likes Dirt
yeah but ozza is too immature to realise that, he came onto msna nd shouted me down asking for proof they are riding spesh, hes just going to deny it for as long as physically possible before suiciding :p
Sounds like your just about as 'immature' as Ozz, if you were so mature yourself you would have dropped this e-fight long ago and wouldn't need to keep attacking Ozz yourself.

RPM016T

Likes Dirt
pretty much all the GT team gt the boot, i'd say GT are in financial trouble, again......
Good call. probably had something to do with the amount of free GTi frames they had to give away on warranty!

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I would of thought it would be practically the same as AFL players. Until their dropped, they arent up for grabs. You can show an expression of interest but negotiating whilst contracted along with the anouncement of a new team would be a breach of his contract. Hence why Sam is keeping his Ironhorse over the summer as he will be bikeless otherwise. I dont recall going to law school and i didnt know a typo meant you couldnt spell a word!

PS... You spelt" "Brendan" wrong according to the Madcatz site.
Atleast Mr Ozza is using "real world" examples and thinking about the issue at hand. No need to attack people for that. Who cares if he's right or wrong, we're all entitled to an opinion.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pretty much all the GT team gt the boot, i'd say GT are in financial trouble, again......

Sam is on Monster/Spesh next year, so is Brendon

Mick and Tracey are going on Trek......
Mongoose bought GT out a few years ago now, didn't they? So shouldn't they be pretty financially secure?

Mick? I thought that he had thrown it away? That's the impression I got from TIA anyway?

thats funny because sams already signed with someone, monster, but who monster are riding for next year is the unknown.... to you, i know what it is
It's already been established that Monster will be riding Specialized :p
Pwn3d!!!1!111shift+one!!11

I have heard heaps of rumours regarding the GT/Mongoose (and now Cannondale?) team for 2009. One little birdie told me all three will be together in one tent and that GT WILL have a DH rider on the new Carbon bike (someone from North America was my mail). The team with a lot of underpaid talent is Yeti - they have a lot of young riders with form and I doubt that all of them will be there next year (I bet Sam B is looking for more money right now... the fact that Martin Whitely manages him AND the new Trek team.... well it isn't hard to see the possibilities).
So has Cannondale come into some financial troubles as well?

Sam B and Justin Leov are happy with getting paid in sheep for the time being:p

indica

Serial flasher
Mongoose bought GT out a few years ago now, didn't they? So shouldn't they be pretty financially secure?

Mick? I thought that he had thrown it away? That's the impression I got from TIA anyway?
Mongoose bought out GT?
GT Mongoose and Schwinn are owned by the same parent company.

Mick? - read other posts and you will see where GDonohue says something about a team and he is/was his manager.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Yeah something like that. All I was ever told was that they were bought out by Mongoose or something along those lines. What is the parent company? Does anyone know?
Pacific Cycle Inc. who own GT, Mongoose, Schwinn, Dyno etc. (Not to be confused with Pacific Cycles who manufacture Banshee, Canfield, Niner etc.).

Dorel Industries bought them out in 2004 I believe.

Dorel also acquired Cannondale USA, I think last year or early this?

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited: