So...I live in Perth now?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Best way to navigate is to get a garmin and load open MTB maps onto it, you'll find a lot of trails and parks change so nothing will be a 100% accurate. It takes a while to figure out but I use Garmin base camp to plot my rides and transfer the GPX to the Garmin, you can export from strava or trailforks and modify or pinpoint places on the map. I can usually find any trail within a few meters of where it really is.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For me finding access first time, everything i could find sent me to the camel farm. There are plenty of reasons to go to the camel farm, but riding gravity trails is not one of them.
Go past the camel farm and park at The Dell, it’s all right there either side of the road.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I just got notified that I have a parcel ready to pick up at Harvey Post Office... poods can you grab it for me please?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
enter the WA gravity enduro event in 2 weeks, its on 3 chillies ( really good trail builder ) private property :) only way you will get to ride the trails there :)
Do I remember correctly that 3 chillies farm used to appear in mountain bike media a lot back in the glorious days of freeride or die?

Gina sends round the stretched limo when she gets the urge?
My arm has to stretch so far when I gice her the reach around! And when I'm big spoon, talk about a numb arm!!!

Damn, so Gina sends too...
Give and take...

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
As a non-local who has lived in Perth twice, I recommend a DHF as a steer tyre. I used a Hans Dampf with some success as well, but it doesn't have the ultimate outright cornering that the DHF has. You will need to get used to slide and grip during summer, hence the DHF working well.

As for jump trails at The Camel Farm, Mercury Street was a favourite. It has lots of jumps and I could happily loop it over and over.

As far as gravity trails go, send a message to one or two of the locals here and have a look at the options.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Today I was lucky enough to do some shuttle laps at Wellington Mills. They were some sweet trails! A nice jump line to kick off, some steep windy bits, a little rock here and there, a big rock too, and some nice meaty options in the middle. Sadly there was also some signs of old jumps and trails no longer in use. Best of all? There was fuck all pee gravel once you got away from the top.

I don't know any trail names. It rained a little. I pussied out on a few of the big jumps. I didn't drop the rock into the corner either.

While I had plenty of fun on the Scout, I would likely arrange the nomad if there is ever to be a next time.

Also...King Jarrah? Yeah it's a big tree, but I was expecting bigger with a name like that.

And the gnomes? WTF???

no idea... possibly there was / is a 4 x track there
I am fairly confident it did.

As a non-local who has lived in Perth twice, I recommend a DHF as a steer tyre. I used a Hans Dampf with some success as well, but it doesn't have the ultimate outright cornering that the DHF has. You will need to get used to slide and grip during summer, hence the DHF working well.

As for jump trails at The Camel Farm, Mercury Street was a favourite. It has lots of jumps and I could happily loop it over and over.

As far as gravity trails go, send a message to one or two of the locals here and have a look at the options.
I purchased some upon arrival, when I realised how rocky everything seemed here...I didn't get around to installing them on the bike before Kalamunda and wished I had. I forgot to install them before today as well. I really wished I'd had them on today! Between the rocks, roots, and mud the aggressive tread would have been good. Still the crossmarks are a much better tyre than the credit they receive.

Attachments