So I went to Nerang today...

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, I went to the Nerang State Forest today (near the Velodrome) and all I could find were xc loops. I went right up the hill to as far as I could. Where are all these bloody DH tracks I keep hearing about?

I there another place in Nerang where I should be going?

Cheers,
Dylan

beaty

Likes Dirt
Yea i know what you mean. My mate and I found one of 2 tracks that were slightly DH based....i guess. But i honestly cant remeber the directions. Apparently there is another forest like across the highway and that is where all the good DH tracks are. So i have heard. :eek:

Durango

Likes Dirt
Explore

Hey guys, I went to the Nerang State Forest today (near the Velodrome) and all I could find were xc loops. I went right up the hill to as far as I could. Where are all these bloody DH tracks I keep hearing about?

I there another place in Nerang where I should be going?

Cheers,
Dylan
There are some great fast flowing tracks at Nerang. You really need to go with someone who knows the place well. Whimps which runs off to the left at the top of 3 hills, consists of a lot of jumps but you're at the bottom before you know it.There's also a good run on the right side of the fire road which brings you onto the last section of whimps. It's worth a look.:cool:

ziegs

Cannon Fodder
yeah, you need to also try out near the motocross track, but just past it on the opposite side of the road, i've been there a few times but only with someone who knows the place well...heaps of tracks up there but if you don't know where you're going you'll get kinda lost...

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had some correspondents by pm that's sent me in the right direction. Thanks for all your help guy's.

cressa

Likes Dirt
There are some great fast flowing tracks at Nerang. You really need to go with someone who knows the place well. Whimps which runs off to the left at the top of 3 hills, consists of a lot of jumps but you're at the bottom before you know it.There's also a good run on the right side of the fire road which brings you onto the last section of whimps. It's worth a look.:cool:
I'm not questioning that you know where these tracks are, but, they do not run down from the top of three hills. The tracks are about two mountains away from three hills.

Durango

Likes Dirt
Lost!

I'm not questioning that you know where these tracks are, but, they do not run down from the top of three hills. The tracks are about two mountains away from three hills.
Sorry for the misleading information. As i said, it pays to go with someone familiar with the tracks. I believe No.14 track which is way up the top where the red dirt is, is a great ride down.Never ending story, Wombats etc are all good rides. Just get out there and hit it!;)

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went up there today, found an awesome track that ran down a road. Next to it was the worst not shore I've ever seen named Mr. T.

I have a feeling I'm only at the tip of the iceburg. Can anyone tell me what track this is exactly? I don't want to give away the location over a public forum though.

Now I've got to explore highlands.

Attachments

cressa

Likes Dirt
Went up there today, found an awesome track that ran down a road. Next to it was the worst not shore I've ever seen named Mr. T.

I have a feeling I'm only at the tip of the iceburg. Can anyone tell me what track this is exactly? I don't want to give away the location over a public forum though.

Now I've got to explore highlands.

You found what you were looking for. Those 2 tracks you found are it as far as dedicated dh tracks go. Sure there are more tracks that go down, but they are usually designed to ride up!

Mr T is a relic, may he rest in piece.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That jump is really nice to hit. Nice and smooth take-off with a good transition on the lander. But like cressa said they are most dedicated DH tracks in the forest. There's a guy on here with the username sprocket that does some trail work up there regularly.

Pitto

Likes Dirt
Nerang is the kinda place you need to ride, and ride, and ride, then ride some more to find some of the best kept secret trails of SE QLD's

unfortunately its not really "summer friendly" and gets hot out there.

talk to a few of the guys at Go Camping", they can point you into the right direction.

G

sprocket

Likes Dirt
ok the pics of the free ride "MR T " is dead don't ride it..

as for the step down its alright but since all the rain i think all the tracks will need work...

norco flow is the trail that goes down the left hand side of that fire trail that the step down is on and on the right is drift... as for building there was more planned but were thinking about scrapping the idea.

there are plenty of other trails around the coast.. so if u see some one up there just ask, be nice and dont litter!

the pics are of the road gap and the jump after it... if your doing this your on norco flow

Attachments

Last edited:

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^Is that northshore new? I didn't see it when I was out at wimps a few months back, just the usual rotten broken down stuff off to the side

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks reasonably new. Have you been to the other really huge north shore track? If you want to know where it is, pm me.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That north-shore there is so much fun, I nearly over shot the landing the first time I did it :p

Sprocket you and your mates are the best guys in the world building there hopefully I catch you out there sometime when my legs is healed up.

sprocket

Likes Dirt
we didnt build the north shore ( we dont agree with bring in timber to build in state forest) whimps isnt our track so we dont touch it, just norco flow and drift... we will be building a new shuttle track on the gold coast so its up to you guys to grome norco and keep it up in good condition now that we dont really hit it