Sola Sport ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This really sucks dude. I can't believe you haven't demanded a refund or been given a replacement. This is the total bullshit service that pollutes Australian retail. Good luck!

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Been waiting nearly a month on a shock through them at work now. Was told it was done 3 weeks ago.

Calling only got me as far as "I'll chase it up for you"....

Called them out on it and eventually got an answer from them saying work hadnt been done.

Also have sent plenty shocks away for an issue only to have come back with either the issue not fixed or other things done to the shock amd charged for it. Hasn't been a single time in the last 12 months I can think of where they haven't made a mistake with it.

I'll never put fox on any of my bikes. Cant comment on any smaller suspention brands as i havent had much experience but rockshox/sram are unreal.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
This really sucks dude. I can't believe you haven't demanded a refund or been given a replacement. This is the total bullshit service that pollutes Australian retail. Good luck!
Cause up to this point I have loved the bike. And given the time of year Trek have no additional stock to replace it with...

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cause up to this point I have loved the bike. And given the time of year Trek have no additional stock to replace it with...
I was thinking the same, but if Trek Aus can't get a shock out of a bike somewhere in the world to you in a couple of days there is something wrong with that whole model..

jtjwu

Squid
I wouldn't hold much hope of anything improving there - they are moving warehouse soon and there will be the associated disruption of a move and then the loss of staff who don't want the extra commute.

Just a badly run company that is getting smaller and smaller.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I was thinking the same, but if Trek Aus can't get a shock out of a bike somewhere in the world to you in a couple of days there is something wrong with that whole model..
That's where it's all at ATM, Fox Australia is trying to get a replacement shock out of Trek Australia..... not holding my breath as Trek Australia's warranty service is piss poor as well.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The bike shop should be pissed, they are on the hook for it.

Section 58 of the ACL, see image.

If they don't like it, they should stop offering products they can't service. Then maybe Fox might be more motivated to solve the problem. Or alternatively tell customers up from no service or warranty applies and see how that goes down.

Attachments

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For anyone looking for a different suspension service provider Cyclinic in north Brisbane is owned by Jared Graves ex factory Fox mechanic. I've sent a bit of stuff to them and they do good work for a fair price. They are also authorised to carry out warranty work on Fox products
By way of clarification Aiden Leftyman owns (at least part of) Cyclinic. Shaun, who used to be Jared Graves mechanic when he used to be with Yeti, is still the Yeti factory team mechanic when he is not fixing fox. They aren't the warranty agent, but if you have the choice, why would you do anything else...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Problem is Fox don't give a flying fuck. We've tried emailing Fox USA numerous times for resolutions regarding dusputes with Sola Sport and basically got told where to stick it.
That sounds like you are in retail? If so my point was not relevant to you, but that a consumer has a right to have the sh1t they've bought be serviced in a timely manner when needed. Guess what happens when the retailer can't hold up their end of the bargain - boom, depending on severity, possible refund.

I guess I was being even more facetious than normal that Fox would care about Aus the power to change lies with retailers, in an ideal world. But if you want to keep selling stuff that can't be serviced, for whatever reason at all, you better be clear about it with customers, or see point 1 above and you wear it. That's the law.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That's where it's all at ATM, Fox Australia is trying to get a replacement shock out of Trek Australia..... not holding my breath as Trek Australia's warranty service is piss poor as well.
UPDATE

Firstly I would like to apologise for slagging off Trek... the claims by Sola Sport that they had been communicating was a load of hot cock!
I rang and spoke to Trek's warranty manager today who said Trek had only heard about the issue today..... hour later I have been promised a new shock.... only problem is that it is coming sometime in the next two weeks from the US, so it may just arrive before the Mont!!!!

Summary:
Sola Sport- bunch of lying useless c*&ts;
Fox Australia- No clue how bad Sola Sport truely is;
Trek Australia- Get shit done when they know whats going on and how useless Sola Sport is.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
UPDATE

Firstly I would like to apologise for slagging off Trek... the claims by Sola Sport that they had been communicating was a load of hot cock!
I rang and spoke to Trek's warranty manager today who said Trek had only heard about the issue today..... hour later I have been promised a new shock.... only problem is that it is coming sometime in the next two weeks from the US, so it may just arrive before the Mont!!!!

Summary:
Trek Australia- Get shit done when they know whats going on and how useless Sola Sport is.
Great outcome.

I've heard similar stories from the Motorsport guys too.

Shit flows down hill.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The whole thing is pathetic. How hard is it to take another shock off a similar new bike to replace yours?
It doesnt give anyone confidence in Fox , Sola and by association Trek.
IMHO Fox have dumbed down and downgraded their previous reputation. prior to selling Fox to a private equity company they were the equivalent of Toyota super reliable and good value.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The whole thing is pathetic. How hard is it to take another shock off a similar new bike to replace yours?
Having raced bikes and and been around (not in) the industry for 20 odd years thats just not the way things are done, whether by a LBS or distributor. No one pulls new stuff a part for a customer warranty or not. And if they do they generally don't stay in business that long...
When I phoned Trek I knew it would be a long shot them having something in hand and normally it's only if one of their bike arrives in the country damaged do they scrap them for replacement parts. Given this was a 2017 bike the chances were close to 0.

I'm happy with this outcome and really happy that Trek have stepped up to fix it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

UPDATE

Summary:
Good to see a somewhat positive outcome. That time frame is a bit of a drag...American retailers can have a snowboard or bike at my house in 3-5 days. Hopefully.youre hooked up pretty quickly.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Just to play devils advocate, has anyone here had good service from them?

From what's been said in here everyone has a genuine grievance against them but it may be circumstances beyond their control and they may have been flooded with work like the X2 recall (still no excuse for blatant fibs being told).

I have a vested interest in this as I'm just about to spec a bike with Fox front & rear (36-X2) and I'm starting to think maybe I should bail now and save any potential ball-ache in the future.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

From what's been said in here everyone has a genuine grievance against them but it may be circumstances beyond their control and they may have been flooded with work like the X2 recall (still no excuse for blatant fibs being told).

I have a vested interest in this as I'm just about to spec a bike with Fox front & rear (36-X2) and I'm starting to think maybe I should bail now and save any potential ball-ache in the future.
Anticipation builds as all of us wait to see the wandering unicorn....

safreek

UPDATE

I rang and spoke to Trek's warranty manager today who said Trek had only heard about the issue today..... hour later I have been promised a new shock.... only problem is that it is coming sometime in the next two weeks from the US, .
don't they have aeroplanes over there, should be done express post

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Ahh wouldnt that be nice?

I posted this in the good customer service thread (as Pushys did all the dealing with Sola so i commend them for persevering), but i guess its appropriate to post here as well.

I recieved a set of new fox 34s that were leaking oil THROUGH the lowers. sent them back off for warranty repair and they came back with new lowers and had been serviced. However then they wouldn't hold air, so I had to send them back a second time to be repaired and serviced again. 2-3 week turnaround each time.

2 warranty claims on a brand new product before it was even used sums it up really. QC clearly lacking....

and just for fun

Last edited: