SOLD : XT M8000 Cranks New in box. (+XTR rings for extra$)

S U R E

Likes Dirt
Item: XT M8000 Cranks
Item Condition: Brand New
Reason for selling: I ended up some new XTR at a good price. So why not eh.
Price and price conditions: was$150.... now $140 Firm! Postage included. I will ship xpost with out the box, normal post with box.
Extra Info: 175 long. 50 chainline (fyi that's normal, 53mm is for boost frames). No Bottom bracket, no rings.
Can include new XTR ti/carbon 2 x rings 26/36 for $85 (I think rrp is about double that). No I will not chuck these in. I'll be happy to keep them if no one wants them.
Pictures: Maybe. but they brand new so you prob don't need them.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-xt-m8000-single-11-speed-crankset/rp-prod135835 FYI: they are out off stock for months...

PM. me or phone o41o-5o4-9oo, (will not reply to text, please phone)

Last edited:

S U R E

Likes Dirt
Both & neither..
These come with no rings but is suitable for either 1x or 2x. Depending on what rings you pair them with.

I purchased them with the intention of running 1x with a narrow wide. But ended up with other cranks.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt

If they are able to have 2 rings bolted on, then your chainline numbers are wrong, they're either 48.8 or 51.8mm. Both of which are in stock on CRC and come with chainrings.

If they are the single ring setup (which I suspect they are) then the 50mm chainline is correct but they can't have two chainrings attached. Also the 175mm 50mm chainline 1x is in stock on CRC.

Maybe you need to clarify if they are for a single or dual ring application, then confirm the chainline. Wouldn't want a buyer to purchase them with incorrect details.

S U R E

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the info Blacksp20. Just to be clear the product in the link is the one I'm selling.

At time of posting CRC were out of stock with an ETA of April. And seeing that the are now back in stock I'll drop the price an other $10..
1x and 2x are the same crank body. Only the rings are different. They have the mounts for both single or double.

Here is a quote from CRC Staff that can be found in the link in my first post.
"The Shimano XT M8000 crankset for their offered Double and Single chainset options both feature the same crank design which will have a position to mount an inner chainring. The same crank body is offered from us as a Single option supplied with no chainring so that riders can choose whatever ratio and model of chainring that they wish to use with their 1x11 groupset. The double that we offer is this same crank body only supplied with 2 chainrings pre-fitted."

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is very strange on either Shimano or CRC's part. If they are the same cranks for 2 products with different chainlines, they must be using offset rings in the 2x setup.

I apologise for the picture, as you have supplied the correct details for a bizarre product.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure they'll move.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The techdoc doesn't show the part numbers for the right crank arms though, but the diagram seems to show the smaller bcd mounts for the granny ring.

It's a first that I'm aware of for Shimano. All their previous single ring cranks have been exactly that. Guess it removes the need to make three different crank arms.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
The techdoc doesn't show the part numbers for the right crank arms though, but the diagram seems to show the smaller bcd mounts for the granny ring.

It's a first that I'm aware of for Shimano. All their previous single ring cranks have been exactly that. Guess it removes the need to make three different crank arms.
The XTR M9000 was the first. I bought a pair after much research and this is in fact the case.