Spanky in Japan...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
what area is "k"s hostel in spanky? as on what area of hakuba?
hakuba goryu ski field is just up the top of the hill, not too far away (google that) .... just learnt that the pig will have to travel to get to the mountain bike park that kingswood went too..... but meh, its three hours away from here, still trying to find accom.... so, maybe in a few days... running out of time... theres still some skiing around hakuba, but its limited to the top of the hills.... but skiing doesnt grab the pigs interest...

wont have any video footage of riding, dont have a cam... but we:ll take as many pics as we can... and maybe some shoddy hand held video...

this is the company were thinking of going with tomorrow.(http://www.evergreen-hakuba.com/tours/bike.html).. unfortunately, its only the intermediate trail one, missed the downhill/freeride one by a day... but... we is in japan... suckers.

Just to reinterate, this hostel is F*CKING AWESOME (http://kshouse.jp/hakuba-e/index.html).... cannot believe its a hostel... the common area has free internet, playstation, beer vending maching (not that unusual) and a noisey american next to me... stabby stabby...staborama....

Oh, and just had a well wicked japanese pizza.... f*ck yeah.. japan, truely does rocketh...

spanky cannot recommend going gaijin style over in this country... its a trip!

more pics soon

s

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well, this last week and a bit since my last update has been a blast. Due to the weather really closing in the pig didnt get to go downhill mountain biking in japan... but we extended our trip to take a full week in Tokyo... and its been a f*cking mind screwingly super dooper blast.

With one day left in japan before the long arsed flight home (pigs dont like flying) we have to recommend a trip to japan for anyone... its an amazing country and weve had an unexpectedly amazing time. Taken in by a family in Matsumoto during a festival which they put me right in the middle of. Meeting great japanese people everywhere we have been..

the pig hasnt been everywhere... but its very rare that we think we could live somewhere other than australia... Japan has changed that.... we COULD live here.... its f*cking awesome.

If anyone about a year, we are already concidering a trip back here... maybe to do some mountain biking and a few other things we didnt get to do.... so, start saving now spankys tour de japan part II is taking places now

scott/spanky and all the voices in my head....

s

p.s. will be uploading images once were back to a computer we know well!! over 1300 pics!

Oh and for a trip... we saw Masahiro Tatematsu today, a he is a street performer who is in full cycling gear (inclugin shimano SPD sandles!) who is one of the best street performers we ve ever seen!!!

Last edited:

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Sounds bloody awesome!! Thought i have one question that been bugging me! lol. Do you actually have voices in your head? Or is it just something you put on for us :p?

Cheers.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
saw a flier for that evergreen place after english speaking instructors for summer, wish i wasnt stuck in my apprenticeship

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Sounds bloody awesome!! Thought i have one question that been bugging me! lol. Do you actually have voices in your head? Or is it just something you put on for us :p?

Cheers.
nah, we are pretty f*cked up in here (my head) nothing to be scared of.... we just accept that maybe without trying we are a bit "different"... just another colour in the human spectrum.... and we accept that.... it used to scare us/me and used lots of (legal) drugs to try and be "normal".... now we just accept it all

saw a flier for that evergreen place after english speaking instructors for summer, wish i wasnt stuck in my apprenticeship
yeah, that evergreen place would be freakn killer to work for... the Hakuba area is just spooglishious... so beautiful... maybe another rotorburner will see your quote and get that job..... and then give spanky discounts or donuts... eithers good! before your apprenticeships ends... maybe you could apply for a position with them and spend a season over here...

The pig cannot recommend Japan as a place to visit enough.. even for single women travelling!!! its a magical wonderland we with we'd found before..

s