Rear shifter - SRAM X.9
Front hub - Specialized
Rear hub - Ringle, loud as:D
Front rim - 729
Rear rim - 729
Spokes - black ones
Tyres - New 2.5 High Rollers
Tubes - Maxxis
Total weight - Dont know, doesnt bother me :)

Brought this last year from fellow farkiner and had all the above except:

Hayes mags, unworking
04 Boxxer world cups
Older X.9 rear derail.
Race Face Evolve stem
Specialized bars
Worn specialized tyres.

Since then, I've brought a F&R set of Codes with 185 rotors, except I was having trouble finding the 185 boxxer mount so I just kept the 200mm mount that was on there and put a spare Avid wave rotor I had on the front. The rear was fine as the brakes come with IS and post mounts.

Then I got the 40's. Love them! Always thought they looked a great fork and felt nice so I took a plunge and brought a second hand set. I do love them but dont think I'd pay RRP or anything close for these, prefer the coin on a set of 888's or something, just personal opinion.

Also just other small things like replacing old derail. that I hit on a rock and swapping bars and stem from my old bike.

I've always liked white and I was thinking, white frame, white forks or white wheels or even a combo of both. After many (shit house) attempts at photo shop, I chose to do the wheels and I love the end result. White frame would have been too much now thinking about it, so I painted the rims while I recently had the whole thing apart servicing and greasing bearings, cleaningseals etc.

Remembering back to the first DH bike I saw a guy riding when I was a kid, it was demo 9 and I was always amazed at how the thing pivoted with the rear triangle and swingarm setup and thought I'd always love to have one, so here it is!

Included are photos with old and new forks, and white wheels.

Pictures:

Last edited:

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Would also like to have matching 185 rotors. I have the other rotor however with the 40's, I'm running a IS 6" adaptor for a 8" disc due to the extended mounts, so to run a smaller disc, I'd need an adaptor smaller than the current one. Any one know of the adaptor I would be after. In the code manual there is a adaptor for almost everything to run a 185 rotor and even specific individual forks, such as boxxers, however cant remember seeing one for the 40's...:(

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
very nice bike man looks the goods with the white and i agree that a white frame would have been a bit much but now it looks really good man well done:)

rubberchiken

Likes Dirt
I must say, I personally prefered they way it looked before, very sleek with the silver forks and all. Performance wise I have no doubt the forks are an improvement though!