Sportisim (Bikeism)

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
ah k josh, just that most guys on bmx (not that i take notice) are running giro and have brakes for that reason, but i can understand why they wouldnt, yeh

wombat

Lives in a hole
duncan^kona said:
whats all this no brakes on bmx's crap, i meen i dont rid ebmx, never have and never will coz i an 6'5" and growing and also it stupid a little thing that tiny but neway, have u ppl not heard of giro????????????? last time i checked most bmxers did have brakes.........i know thats gonna stir a bit of shit but hey, truth hurts..
Ignorance is bliss....
Most of the dirt jumpers I know run a rear brake only, they have no real need for a front, and I just gets in the way. As for street and flatland riders, a number of flatlanders are trying to push in new directions by riding brakeless (christ, some of them don't even run cranks!) and the same goes for the street riders (except for the crankless bit). It adds a whole new dimension to the same old lines.
I remember seeing a photo ages ago of Dennis McCoy half way through a nose manual on the platform of a big vert ramp, and he had no front brake. Now that's skill!

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
duncan^kona said:
whats all this no brakes on bmx's crap, i meen i dont rid ebmx, never have and never will coz i an 6'5" and growing and also it stupid a little thing that tiny but neway, have u ppl not heard of giro????????????? last time i checked most bmxers did have brakes.........i know thats gonna stir a bit of shit but hey, truth hurts..
Ignorance is bliss....
Most of the dirt jumpers I know run a rear brake only, they have no real need for a front, and I just gets in the way. As for street and flatland riders, a number of flatlanders are trying to push in new directions by riding brakeless (christ, some of them don't even run cranks!) and the same goes for the street riders (except for the crankless bit). It adds a whole new dimension to the same old lines.
I remember seeing a photo ages ago of Dennis McCoy half way through a nose manual on the platform of a big vert ramp, and he had no front brake. Now that's skill!
no cranks :shock:
ive heard of flatlanders running chainless, but crankless? not really a bike anymore

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, I wish I still had the pic. Instead of running cranks, he just had another set of pegs there. No pedalling, he just scuffed into everthing.
I agree though, I don't really see how it can be a bicycle if you can't actually "cycle" the thing.

Ryan

Radministrator
DMC and Dave Mirra have got to have the most insane brakeless nose manual skills humanity has ever known. I've seen Mirra (on TV) go a good 30 foot plus nose manualling out of a mini-ramp brakeless. Damn aliens.
But yeah, you're pretty much wrong there duncan^kona, the majority of BMXers run rear brake only and heaps run no brakes at all, especially if they're super-hardcore street riders.

jakestein

Likes Bikes
well i ride a moto but i take care when near ppls jumps trails but i have been stopped a few times by mtbers wanting me to rip a new line and it takes a minute so i normaly pull over let the bike cool down have a drink and talk shit for a while.

the only way its fair to keep a type of riding/sport off your park is if it is YOURS. or the parked is booked out.
where i live it great we have a little park and 100m away there are some nice jumps.