Sportisim (Bikeism)

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi,
just wondering how many of you have suffered from Sportisim (peoples grudges/actions against a sport.) Those who went on the city ride on sunday were subject to major Mountain Bikeism at the skatepark. We were told that we were to big and unsafe when there were BMX's with no brakes around the place. Luckily some smooth talking by those involved let us stay in the park.

Sportisim, especially Bikeism must be stopped!

:lol:

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
WTF? You were somehow making it dangerous for the BMXers with NO BRAKES? I think they're pretty much made it dangerous for themselves.

I've never really found it to be a problem, which is strange since I've been both an inline skater and mountain biker.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
nobody seems to like the motos around my place, one guy left cactuses, big balls of barbed wire, a cheast high wire and treetrunks accross one of my regular riding trails :evil:

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
nobody seems to like the motos around my place, one guy left cactuses, big balls of barbed wire, a cheast high wire and treetrunks accross one of my regular riding trails :evil:

Damn ass punching hippies

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Some of the frustration with motos is justified, they definatley do cause a lot of erosion, especially on trails that aren't well designed ie. going striaght up the hill etc. However I can't really complain about them as motorbikes are pretty much responsible for keeping all the good trails around my place from getting overgrown.

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
yeah i've had it alot before, mainly at skateparks, i bmx, mtb and blade, so skaters hate me, its almost not present these days tho but when it opened it was intence.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
i rode up to the local skatepark one afternoon, when my mate and i got there, there were a heap of skaters and a few bladers, and one or two BMX's. the place was fairly crowded so we decided to leave, but first i wanted to try something out of the bowl, as soon as i had done it, a kid on a BMX said "this is SKATEpark, not a MTBpark". i swear, if i there wern't so many young kids (and parents) there, i would have rode up to him and hit him squarly in the jaw. what really pissed me off, was he had never met me, didn't know how good/bad i was, was about 15, 3 yrs younger than me, and rode a BMX at a SKATEpark, and i wasn't planning on staying, fuck we'd only been there for about 2 mins.
<DEEP BREATH>
much better...

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ya i ended up helping on the "smooth taking" the guy was basicly say we were too big for a crowded place so what i said was
a. your a fool i have brakes on my bike witch will stop me with in 10meters in this park
b. the bmxers run no brakes try much riskyer lines than us
c. i'm not leaveing
:D:p

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oz-freerider said:
ya i ended up helping on the "smooth taking" the guy was basicly say we were too big for a crowded place so what i said was
a. your a fool i have brakes on my bike witch will stop me with in 10meters in this park
b. the bmxers run no brakes try much riskyer lines than us
c. i'm not leaveing
:D:p

yeah props to josh! saved the day!

bazza

look at me
skaterism

down with little smart ass skater kids, most skateboarders are ok, just those few little smart ass bastards. grrr frustrations building. oh yeah and you dont know motoism till you see a moto tearing up your favourite dh track. then you reallyyyyyyyyyyy get pissed. maybe it might be the same with mtbs on skateparks. think about that people.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
There just all a pack of whingers!

Unable to accept the fact that there fooling about on a PUBLIC skate park
If they have a problem then its always good to point out that normally half of em dont wear helmets anyway.

Laugh then they fuck up and need a new set of teeth courtesy of the 'fully sick double kick flip endo no hander twist up you bum no whatever' trick they just tried to pull wearing no gear and riding a 4 wheeled plank of wood

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weasel said:
There just all a pack of whingers!

Unable to accept the fact that there fooling about on a PUBLIC skate park
If they have a problem then its always good to point out that normally half of em dont wear helmets anyway.
thing is, the park doesnt allow mountain bikes as a general rule, so its not completly public

Weasel said:
Laugh then they fuck up and need a new set of teeth courtesy of the 'fully sick double kick flip endo no hander twist up you bum no whatever' trick they just tried to pull wearing no gear and riding a 4 wheeled plank of wood
talk about them being a pack of whingers, now whos being close-minded

wombat

Lives in a hole
Weasel said:
You ever tried skating? I didn't think so. Skating takes such an incredible amount of patience and skill, you have absolutely no idea. As far as technicality goes I can say it is light years ahead of mtb (it's also been around for a lot longer). I know that's gonna stir up a lot of shit, especially as it's almost impossible to compare two sports that are so different, but it's my belief and I stand by it. When somebody lands a crankflip barspin to fakie pedal grind, x-up out, down a handrail, I'll reconsider my stance.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
yeah i agree with you wombat, i skated for about 2 years and got reasonably good and thier is a phenomenal amount of skill involved just to learn to ollie, i suggest that anyone here who thinks it is easy go out on a skateboard for a first time and land a kickflip.

S.

ex offender
Who in this thread, has ever said that skateboarding was easy? Talk about working yourselves into a frenzy...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Socket said:
Who in this thread, has ever said that skateboarding was easy? Talk about working yourselves into a frenzy...
It was part of the conclusion I drew from an earlier post bagging skating.