Star Wars, The Last Jedi

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Just watched the live stream of the panel at Star Wars Celebration, and the trailer is rad.

Not sure how Empire it's gunna be, given 7 was 4 pretty much, so watch this first.

[video=youtube;-qsg0fku78o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsg0fku78o[/video]

And the poster is pretty badass, too.

17966153_1484179934966936_3833941534862131962_o.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But yes, I will be seeing it within moments of it opening, probably more than once.
I'm with you there. I love the whole Star Wars thing and will watch any of them many times over. I'm not dedicated enough to wear a Stormtroopers suit at a nerd convention though.

Still love to ride a speeder bike.....brappppp.....brapppp.....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Any more negativity on this site towards Star Wars will result in a kick in the nuts.

The Last Jedi / Jedi's will be ace. The trailer gave a few tid bits away, some of note to me are playing on my theory that Rey is Leia's kid (they played Rey's music while they zeroed in on the back of Leia's head) AND they seem to show a series of books in one shot. Name a place in Star Wars history that recognises anything to do with a book. It could be a big deal or it could lead to the belief that Obi Wan kept diaries.
I can't wait for number 8, Disney are doing a bloody great job.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Any more negativity on this site towards Star Wars will result in a kick in the nuts.

The Last Jedi / Jedi's will be ace. The trailer gave a few tid bits away, some of note to me are playing on my theory that Rey is Leia's kid (they played Rey's music while they zeroed in on the back of Leia's head) AND they seem to show a series of books in one shot. Name a place in Star Wars history that recognises anything to do with a book. It could be a big deal or it could lead to the belief that Obi Wan kept diaries.
You're so very wrong. I'm still waiting for darth Jar Jar to reap out some massive carnage. Until that happens Disney are not doing a good job.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Size 9's with steelcaps, if you are going to it then do it well.

They are doing it justice much to the everyone's surprise. I guess there is too much $$$ riding on it to FUBAR it. I can't recall seeing Disney's Cinderella's castle in the opening credits and only Lucasfilm. I probably don't pay enough attention though.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
[video=youtube;U9t-slLl30E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Best Darth Vader scene ever in that film. Job done. You're tossers. Go watch the Dark Crystal.
Lay off the meth! Great album intro though. Actually great album.

I thought that every bit of Vader in Moulin Rogue was weak family boi servicing, especially the last scene. I really enjoyed the film, but it had a lot of weak points.

As for Disney saving the saga, that is not happening. Not until justice is done for those of us crushed by jar jar and everything else prequel can there be peace. They must give the Jar meaning...or you know, get all George Lucas and do some edits and re re re re releases.

stirk

Burner
First was the shiz fo sho.....they went slowly downhill after that.

Back on topic, Ja Ja Binks.
The Empire Strikes Back was great, Retrun of the Jedi started the slow downhill slide because ewok, jar jar nailed the coffin and the remaining prequels sunk the coffin 12 foot underground. To be honest I like the new 'reboot' star wars but only because they include TIE fighters and some cool charaters like Chirrut Îmwe and a return of the Millennium Falcon. It's light weight scifi fun with great CGI and action, the story maybe old and the general plot line is used in a gazillion movies so who cares, enjoy it for what it is folks a bit of light weight scifi fun.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just before we found out about girls and booze, my mates and I used to play a star wars card game and I got pretty knowledgeable about the whole universe.

Then the booze and other recreational pursuits went and flung all that knowledge into some dark recesses never to be recovered.

I do remember grumpy guy being in my deck

51oLCT7L6uL.jpg

I still like starwars now, haven't seen Rogue 1, but the first of the sequels was great.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Please, my novellas were classed as exotic fan fiction. But then the censors couldn't decide if the human-wookie love chapters contravened anti-beastiality laws. I could've been so famous.
I'd like to purchase some of the original artwork, please.

I'm feeling good about 8, but seeing an interview with Hamill saying he fundamentally disagrees with everything the director has done to Luke this episode isn't a great sign.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's less than a month away folks, I'm so excited. Word is it'll be the longest Star Wars movie yet.
I've suggested earlier my picks for certain family tree's but I've changed my mind:
-Rey is a Kenobi.
-Finn is a Windu, maybe Mace Windu's kid.
I don't want to sound like a wet blanket but knowing what we know now, Leia will have to be in the Star Wars movie's for the last time. :(

Beej1

I can't wait for this movie to come out ...

... on DVD ...

... so I can torrent a non-handycam job.

Man ... so excited was I, at twentysomething, when Ep 1 was gonna come out.

4 movies later and I'm jaded I tells ya. Jaded AF.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I can't wait for this movie to come out ...

... on DVD ...

... so I can torrent a non-handycam job.

Man ... so excited was I, at twentysomething, when Ep 1 was gonna come out.

4 movies later and I'm jaded I tells ya. Jaded AF.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Ep 1/Abomination 1 was a #fullretard frikken kids movie. Also jar jar binks :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

In the upcoming movie, Rey needs to grow a pair of ovaries and slash the bejesus out of that tony abbott-faced Kylo ren cockwomble and render the ugly scrotum boy down to a cauterized, twitching pile of blubbery steak tartare. Then flambe-ing that with a few pounds of thermite just to make sure. This would also save us from having to sit though Episode 9. (in an ideal world) :flypig:

Last edited:

Beej1

This would also save us from having to sit though Episode 9. (in an ideal world) :flypig:
I love how after yet another Disney-Star Wars clusterfuck resulted in firing yet another director (but ... you know ... on good terms), this time for Episode 9, they announced JJ Abrams as the replacement like it was the best news ever.

Pfffft .. yay, more lazy, re-hashed (but still canon-altering) bullshit like Force Awakens. Hold me TF back.