STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

offthepace

Likes Bikes
Cotic Roadrat. Super-flexible compatibility. Singlespeed/hub gears, derailleur horizontal dropouts with hanger plates, disc and V compatible, suitable for drops or flat bars, nice low BB so it corners with confidence when loaded, rack mounts.......

Mine:

View attachment 243621
Whats going on with the forks? Are they fitted backwards or meant to be that way?

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
Dear John, the following images are examples of steel bikes - probably.

My commuter, the ultimate bastard child of road, track and MTB (it's not exactly in this configuration at the moment but you get the idea!). With Drop bolts, custom seatpost and requiring brutal drilling of the fork crown, it is an example of brazed lugless steel goodness and French evil in one neat package.

It used to look like this... in pieces ... in a shed for about 10 years... then it got a second chance on life.

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
steel bikes that can be used for touring - or just attracting the ladies. This three girls stopped me at my local cafe and asked if they could pose with my bike. I said sure - then they took off their tops - I was surprised and excited - for my bike. The girl below is my cousin

Attachments