Step Up

azarawr

Likes Dirt
Hey guys. Assss it's my first race 2moro i realllyy want to hit the Step Up and You Yangs (BoG).

Can anyone give me any tips on doing it, I can hit everything else its just the whole idea of the rock pointing out makes it way intimidating.

thanks

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just hit it with speed and you'll be fine, its not really that hard.
that pretty much and make sure the little double/step down/whatever you wanna call it before it is done smoothly, because it can put you off and wipe of a bunch of speed, but in saying that i stuffed it and still made it up....just.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
first time i tried it i was in a train behind a group of friends.

its pretty easy, most of the jumps are at the youies. if you can hit the step down, the hip-to-step down and the doubles, you'll be fine.

the hardest jump for me is probably the that jump to rock slab before the step up.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still cock up the stepdown before it, you just need to pedal pretty hard after it and watch out for pedal strikes on the run up.

azarawr

Likes Dirt
Okay thanks heaps guys. Ill pedal my 8th gear's ass off.. as when i go into 9th it clogs up! lol ><

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was actually going to ask this a few days ago :rolleyes: although I don't compete ... What are the YY's tracks compared to others nation wide (difficulty wise)

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Dude it's like the easiest jump in the whole track. You don't even need to hit the step down before it just pedal your ass off on 8th gear and even if your back wheel just touches the the start of the up ramp on the boulder you just roll up!

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
yeah ti's super easy just pedal your ass off before it you'll be fine, i made it up fine every time even when stuffing up the jump before it,

not sure if this pic will work but i'll give it a crack

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am thinking of hitting it, I was going to make this thread but someone beat me too it.

Has anyone hit it on a XC hardtail? Is it as simple as pedaling and then leaning back? Has Anyone Stacked on it?

If it helps i can clear the doubles at the end of the track but not the step-down before the step-up

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
first i was there i was hitting it, its a pretty simple pedal and hang on jump, hardtails hit it with a bit more speed, just dont think about it, just pedal and hit it, and you cant really overclear it.,..

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He hit it with plenty of speed but went off to the right a little. I did the same thing when I first did it.

If you're unsure about the line, stand on top to the boulder and leave a glove or something on the line you want to take so you know where to aim for.