Steve Peat is God!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/rQSBndw9AA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="322" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>​

After countless years of bad luck, Steve Peat can finally add the World Champion title to his already impressive list of accomplishments. Well done Peaty!

Elite Men
1. Steve Peat GBR - 2:30.33
2. Greg Minnaar RSA - 2:30.38 +0.05
3. Mick Hannah AUS - 2:31.02 +0.69

Elite Women
1. Emmeline Ragot FRA - 2:50.05
2. Tracy Mosely GBR - 2:52.54 +2.49
3. Kathy Pruitt USA - 2:54.89 +4.84+

Junior Men
1. Brook Macdonald NZL - 2:36.49
2. Shaun O'Connor AUS - 2:37.67 +1.18
3. Danny Hart GBR - 2:38.76 +2.27

Junior Women
1. Anais Pajot FRA - 3:11.91
2. Julie Berteaux FRA - 3:16.28 +4.37
3. Holly Baarspul AUS - 3:20.16 +8.25

Click here for full results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamo

Likes Dirt
For the first time I can't really say I'm very disappointed that an Aussie didn't win it!
I would have loved to see Sam or Mick win, but I'm so stoked for Peaty!
that was one close race!
Congrats to CORC and everyone else involved in making an awesome world champs!

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
Where did sam hill come?
good onya steve well done for a guy who is 35yrs old and still blasting the world champs off their feet

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Peaty my hero finally woe the champs, he deserves it more than anyone. 35 years old and he flogged everybody I love being 35 years old right now

DRIBS

Likes Dirt
I just can't believe he finally did it after so many years. One of the best races ever. Was watching freecaster TV, thought Rob Warner was about to have a heart attack.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
Peaty my hero finally woe the champs, he deserves it more than anyone. 35 years old and he flogged everybody I love being 35 years old right now
he didn't exactly 'flog' minaar.... but its still a win.

and id just like to point out
1st and 2nd (full 10 inch downhill bikes, coil shocks without lockouts and tripple crowns)

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Farkin Unreal!!!! Peaty is truly amazing!!

Got too mention Fuel TV's excellent live coverage too. They had all the camera angles!!!! Maybe a sign of better things to come.

Nic951

Squid
Got too mention Fuel TV's excellent live coverage too. They had all the camera angles!!!! Maybe a sign of better things to come.
Yeah i asked on freecaster who was doing it they said it's the same footage as freecaster just not rob commentating. Was great

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Yeah i asked on freecaster who was doing it they said it's the same footage as freecaster just not rob commentating. Was great
Yeah and while i missed warners commentating, the quality through fuel TV was excellent, and it didn't cut out.

What a race. I thought fabien had killed it and the only guy who'd get close was Mick, then to see all four guys so close to each other, what a race!

Was it 8 aussies in the top 16 places?

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YEAH PEATY!
He can retire now, mission complete!
How close were those times in the end?!

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
the best I have seen in ages, congrats to peaty, I want to buy the bugger a rum & coke for his effort, he has deserved this win for a long time. All hail the Peat machine!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing to do with the two big strong blokes riding them...
Yeah, sure, but both are known pedal-gods.
See where Hill and Barel ended up? Not sure about Barel's pedalling-rep (crap, right now, I belive, with his knee), but Hill certainly made up a lot on previous Stromlo efforts, I'm sure thanks (in part) to this rig.
So you can hardly say it was the wrong choice of bike for either rider.
I was impressed with Graves hooking up 12th, and if you needed proof it was a pedaller's course, look where Lopes finished - 18th!

Sic

Likes Dirt
Anyone know where this leaves the overall world cup points chase?

Peaty should move into first with the win and Minaar in second but how far back is Hill? How many points does 5th get ya?

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
That's right. Champs = no points towards the series.

The full travel bike without lockouts was the right bike. The top three won all three splits, not just the last one.

And, the shorter travel riders (Gee, Sam, and Fabien in particular) all lost time on the winners in the last section.

But who cares... Peat = convict deity.

Last edited: