Steve Peat is God!

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant go past Shaun O'Conner's effort in the juniors.

Well done to Peaty and all the Aussies. Is this the last world cup round?
It wasn't a World Cup it is the WORLD CHAMPS!
Fucking awesome atmosphere at the track today, still not as good as it was to cheer on Buchanan and Graves on Friday night but.
Shame about the Stomper not getting top spot, but Peaty was on fire throughout his whole run.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
It wasn't a World Cup it is the WORLD CHAMPS!
Fucking awesome atmosphere at the track today, still not as good as it was to cheer on Buchanan and Graves on Friday night but.
Shame about the Stomper not getting top spot, but Peaty was on fire throughout his whole run.
Thanks for clearing it up.

yzfr1000

Likes Dirt
Again, Today was an abolsute HOOT! The track was awesome, the ammenities were tops along with carparking & everything went perfect. The crowds were huge & that TRIPLE -TREAT was so hard to squeeze in to check out the lines lol - The bottom few doubles etc were a blast to watch as well!

Congrats to all the riders!!

P.S - Will they be demolishing the DH track or the 4x track? Can anyone go there now over the next couple weeks & ride it etc? Will anything be left or whats the go etc?
I WANNA RIDE IT

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah that vid is interesting isnt it? Peat saying it isnt worthy of a world champs and really its just a bit of fun, think he'll give the medal back seeing as the course isnt worthy?

Nah me either.

Still stoked that hes finally got the stripes though.

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
Again, Today was an abolsute HOOT! The track was awesome, the ammenities were tops along with carparking & everything went perfect. The crowds were huge & that TRIPLE -TREAT was so hard to squeeze in to check out the lines lol - The bottom few doubles etc were a blast to watch as well!

Congrats to all the riders!!

P.S - Will they be demolishing the DH track or the 4x track? Can anyone go there now over the next couple weeks & ride it etc? Will anything be left or whats the go etc?
I WANNA RIDE IT
It isn't going anywhere. Word on this site elsewhere is that world cups may be held there again soon too... Not to spread rumours that I haven't seen substantiated, of course...

not inspired

Likes Dirt
I WANNA RIDE IT
It's part of Stromlo Forest park not a 1 off build, that track has existed for a while they just made some pretty massive up grades to it.

I gota say that hearing even ausies hang shit on stromlo today track side was pretty disapointing. Yes it's not as steep as the European or Canadian courses but this isn't Europe or Canada. The stromlo downhill is dusty, rocky, loose and dry which last time I checked pretty much sums up the majority of the landmass that makes up this country. Don't like it don't ride here. Just be glad that there is at least one government in this country willing to support the development of the sport.

sjones

Squid
dude should have seen peaties line at g20 easy half a second. freakin insane. props to sam hill he gave it so much 5th is awesome. spesh on a track that wasnt to suited for him

nskz

Likes Dirt
^^ As above Peaty and Minnar were the only two riders out of the whole field to run a line at G20 which to be honest I didn't think was possible...obviously the other riders thought the same. But they both smashed it and it payed huge dividends. Also props to Sick Mick...his run looked mint.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Dik, at least it wasn't some 6" trailbike rig......their setup proves they were hardcore :rolleyes:
Geezus, will you idiots get over this? Stop whingeing, FFS.
If you still can't see who was riding what and where they finished (Barel repleat with farked knee) then go analyse the results and you'll see how these rigs helped their respective riders arguably place higher at this track than with their regular bikes.
Can't see any of them having made the wrong move, especially Hill and Barel - Gee as well.
Go hit up Barel's bike feature on vitalmtb.com and see how 'hardcore' he is.
These guys were maching their own rockers and building their own shocks when he won 2 WCs on on his Kona. They're serious.
And Steve's comments about the track seem a pretty accurate summation of how Stromlo is seen by the pros.
We're just not good at taking the shit about Australia, but, surely, we all know there must be more demanding, probably more 'world cup' tracks in this country, right?

Last edited:

nskz

Likes Dirt
G20 is the rock drop before the big left hand berm at the end of the top section of the course. The bit we are talking about is the rock garden leading into the rock drop. Everyone was going to the right or left of a big pile of about 3 rocks that didn't look gap-able from the start of the rock garden. Peat and minnar were the only two who hucked the gap which took them straight over these rocks. It was the best line into the rock drop then berm but holy crap it was a big huck and death if you didn't make it/wadded it...the speed the carried was insane.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The whole weekend was plain old fucking mental!!!

Massive congrats to Peaty... that title has eluded him for wayyyy too long!
The atmosphere up there was nothing short of intense, sucked in to all of you who couldn't make it! Y'all missed out, BIG TIME!:D:D

mudmav

Likes Dirt
big thumbs up to shaun o'connor second in junior men!! Good to see a young aussie pinner in the mix! Loved his section in TIA dvd and good to see hes putting his talent to good use.