Steve Peat is God!

nskz

Likes Dirt
I think Hans broke his collar bone in morning practice, not sure where/how. Will also crashed in morning practice, went OTB at the end of the top rock garden. Landed pretty heavily on his head and was stretchered out. Can't comment on any injuries he suffered but obviously being potential neck etc they were pretty cautious. Hope they are both ok.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Geezus, will you idiots get over this? Stop whingeing, FFS.
If you still can't see who was riding what and where they finished (Barel repleat with farked knee) then go analyse the results and you'll see how these rigs helped their respective riders arguably place higher at this track than with their regular bikes.
Can't see any of them having made the wrong move, especially Hill and Barel - Gee as well.
Go hit up Barel's bike feature on vitalmtb.com and see how 'hardcore' he is.
These guys were maching their own rockers and building their own shocks when he won 2 WCs on on his Kona. They're serious.
And Steve's comments about the track seem a pretty accurate summation of how Stromlo is seen by the pros.
We're just not good at taking the shit about Australia, but, surely, we all know there must be more demanding, probably more 'world cup' tracks in this country, right?
Your so right? :confused:

biketog

Likes Bikes
Dr Peat

Good to see you aussie guys giving Steve P the accolades he deserves,as a fellow yorkshireman I was stoked he took the title today.............Sam Hill and Mick Hannah gave it their best shots and Nathan R even kept the hot seat warm for a while............truly was a great event and something you should be proud of hosting....I heard at least 2 overseas d/hill competitors in the team tents say the crowd was the best they've heard all year and that all the nations riders got great support during their runs !!

Well done!

And if you dont believe me about Dr Peat!

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/6644

Wouldnt advise you seek his medical attention though as his method of anaesthesia might a few litres of intravenous beer! Tetleys ofcourse (the beer not the tea)...........breakfast of (world) champions!!

Alchem1st

Squid
Farking great ride Steve! Congrats!

I'm obviously bummed that Sam or Mick didn't get the jersey, but they still put in solid runs, and Australia got some other great results too.

I'm just cut I couldn't get down there for it :mad:

On that note, if anyone had a spare T-Shirt they bought there they wanted to offload, PM me :)

Last edited:

sedition.

Likes Bikes
Steve had to be flawless to win and he was just that. When Barel came down I thought that was it, game over.
But the top few always manage to pull out extraodinary runs to somehow improve. Massive respect, the guy has it all now.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Fantastic win by Peat. It's been a long time coming. He must be the happiest (not to mention drunkest) man in the world right now.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think Hans broke his collar bone in morning practice, not sure where/how. Will also crashed in morning practice, went OTB at the end of the top rock garden. Landed pretty heavily on his head and was stretchered out. Can't comment on any injuries he suffered but obviously being potential neck etc they were pretty cautious. Hope they are both ok.
That's a big dissapointment. I was just looking at the timed practice runs and they were both up there. Australia could have had some really good results in the juniors. Never mind there is allways next year.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Amazing job Peaty, massive props. One thing I've noticed with this world cup is I must have been living under a rock or something, but have Monster taken on a shitload of new sponsers?

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
only reason peat deserved this win was because he outrode everyone on the top half/tech part of the track not the pedal sections. I think thats what makes him deserving in this race....not just coming close in other worlds in years back.

jbg

Likes Dirt
yea!!! good onya peaty!!
if any of the aus boys didnt win he was the one i wanted to see get it, man he deserves it!

good to see real dh bikes took the top three, puts to rest some of trash people talk of stromlo

good to see sick mick going so stong in his first year back!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a big dissapointment. I was just looking at the timed practice runs and they were both up there. Australia could have had some really good results in the juniors. Never mind there is allways next year.
I was at the rock garden when Will crashed, he was not in a good way. Hope he's ok and recovering well.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good for peaty but yeah mick! caught the last 30 riders on SBS last night, hands clapping for them, some good coverage, I like that.

rington75

Likes Dirt
I have to say i'm stoked for SP! He deserved it, did anyone see the semi slick on the back wheel, was wondering if he ran it on the winning run? I saw it on the bike in the pits.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have loved to see an all Australian podium!
I'm glad Mick made it up there and if anyone outside of Aus had won I guess Peaty is the one that deserves it most.

Does anyone really think he will retire now though?

Bodin

GMBC
did anyone see the semi slick on the back wheel, was wondering if he ran it on the winning run? I saw it on the bike in the pits.
Sure did - his mechanic spent about 20 minutes giving us every detail on the bike in the pits after the race. Check the pics below...

Pebble - no, he's not retiring, based on what he was saying to everyone after the race. Not surprisingly, he seems pretty motivated and I reckon he's going to pull out all stops to try and take the World Cup away from Sam over the next couple of weekends.

Attachments

ntvinh986

Cannon Fodder
For the first time I can't really say I'm very disappointed that an Aussie didn't win it!
I would have loved to see Sam or Mick win, but I'm so stoked for Peaty!
that was one close race!
Congrats to CORC and everyone else involved in making an awesome world champs!

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodin

GMBC
Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here?
Depends on your intentions.

The Mods and Admins on this site don't like grave-digging spammers, so we'll be watching you very closely. You AND your IP address...

Nice work on making your post look like you've got an autosig. But it's not an autosig, is it? I've edited it to make your intentions a little clearer to everyone.

Last edited: