Steve Peats retirement

billymtb

Likes Dirt
he talked to free caster (i think?) and said he will definatly be around next season and he has no plans to retire anytime soon.

why should he retire?

he's healthy, he's fast and he loves riding

so no reason for him to.

Chris DH

Likes Bikes
Thats what my friends said and i am starting to think they are right.

eany way he probably would like to do another season in the world cup jersy

driftking

Wheel size expert
where is this coming from, is there accualy a article or anything peaty has said to inforce this.

if not im guessing its probbaly just the fact of his age and now he has finally won worlds.

as said above he is healthy and its obvious he loves riding.
before he won worlds in a film he said he will be in a wheel chair trying to win worlds, so i think he will race until his body says no.

Last edited:

Chris DH

Likes Bikes
I don't know but when i was at the world champs i kept on hearing people say that Steve Peat might retire. I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this matter:D.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No way, Peaty will ride next season at least. He will want to ride in that World Champ jersey as much as he can after going so long without it.

sedition.

Likes Bikes
I thought maybe with his kid growing up he may want to spend more time her. However seeing as the series is downsizing next year he would be getting more time at home anyway.
Other than that I don't see why he would. For a thirty-five year old, every day you are fit, fast and able to compete with the next generation of top racers is a good day.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He announced today that this will be the 10th and last Battle Royale in a couple of weeks. Possibly hinting at something..

Joy

Likes Dirt
I'd say he'll race next season, but I'd totally understand if he wants to end on a high note. In fact I'd almost encourage him to.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I think he should stay on and defend his title as World Champion! He is still riding awesome and loves it so why retire?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
He's still a competitive rider who loves what he does. Why on earth would he want to give that away and have to get a real job as long as Santa Cruz are willing to throw money at him to ride their bikes?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Nico, Palmer, Tomac.............they all retired and stopped racing completely!:rolleyes:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
He said in Canberra after his press conference that he has a whole year to get use to his rainbows.
It's taken him his entire career to get them, why not take a year to enjoy them.

JimT

Likes Dirt
He is the oldest competitor on the circuit (at 35), has consistently been on the overall podium the last few seasons, won his 7th (or was it 8th) consecutive Red Bull Lisbon Downtown, finished 3rd overall this season- was in with a real shot at 1st leading into Schladaming - won the World Champs and drinks like a fish. There are guys half his age that would kill for a season as successful as Peats. If anyone needs to retire - it's those that finished below him in the overall standings for 2009.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No way he's going out now.
End of next season (unless he wins one of the titles again!).