Steve Peats retirement

Nico, Palmer, Tomac.............they all retired and stopped racing completely!:rolleyes:

True, But the difference is Tomac waited till he started losing to leave the sport and the same can be said for Palmer. Nico on the other hand, he left right after he won his 10th World Champs, a record that will last forever I think. Nico did it right, he pulled the plug when he was on the top. Peaty would be smart to do the same. Tomac is known for greatness, Palmer is known for greatness, of his own kind, but Nico is known for absolute brilliance on the race course, and stepping away on top couldn't have hurt his Ralley start up, not like he's nobody that wants to drive, he accomplished something very technical. And now look at his success in Ralley.

Besides, Peaty could pull the plug anytime and still get free bikes and shit from whoever he chooses, who wouldn't want him to just ride their bikes and do R&D marketing. Just not have to do the rigorous WC schedule, would be better for his young family.

Guess we will have to wait and see how the cards fall.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
True, But the difference is Tomac waited till he started losing to leave the sport and the same can be said for Palmer. Nico on the other hand, he left right after he won his 10th World Champs, a record that will last forever I think. Nico did it right, he pulled the plug when he was on the top. Peaty would be smart to do the same. Tomac is known for greatness, Palmer is known for greatness, of his own kind, but Nico is known for absolute brilliance on the race course.

Besides, Peaty could pull the plug anytime and still get free bikes and shit from whoever he chooses, who wouldn't want him to just ride their bikes and do R&D marketing. Just not have to do the rigorous WC schedule, would be better for his young family.

Guess we will have to wait and see how the cards fall.
Sorry Maestro, but why should Peaty retire....he's not slow! He's not loosing often. I don't think he wants to be a plumber again!:D

Sorry Maestro, but why should Peaty retire....he's not slow! He's not loosing often. I don't think he wants to be a plumber again!:D

Don't be sorry. I am just saying that he should not wait till he is losing to retire...and it will happen. Going out on top while so many people all around the world are tremedously stoked for him is a better idea and a more marketable image. If he has a season (or two) where he defends and loses his rainbow stripes, doesn't get the overall, or crashes and is forced to step out it could tarnish the lusture of his most recent major accomplishments.

Besides being a plumber isn't all bad. Good paying work and you only have to remember two things.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Don't be sorry. I am just saying that he should not wait till he is losing to retire...and it will happen. Going out on top while so many people all around the world are tremedously stoked for him is a better idea and a more marketable image. If he has a season (or two) where he defends and loses his rainbow stripes, doesn't get the overall, or crashes and is forced to step out it could tarnish the lusture of his most recent major accomplishments.

Besides being a plumber isn't all bad. Good paying work and you only have to remember two things.
Well, I think he'll step aside when he wants to spend more time with his family. It's very typical of athletes to do so once they hit a certain age, I can't see him getting beaten too often.
Okay, I'll bite...

...which two things?
I'm glad you did! lol