Stinky vs atomik

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How can some of you guys put them in the same category the specs on the atomik are much much better then the specs of the stinky. As well as the stinky looks like poo haha get it poo stinky haha.

But i would go the atomik over stinky any day.
The specs arn't that far apart, the only main difference I can see is forks and no chainguide. Altough drop off triples have a very bad reputation my freind has these forks on both his bikes and loves them. when there dialled in properly there awesome.

Matt H

Eats Squid
2007 stinkys have some new type of brake linkage thats prevents brake jack D.O.P.E I think it's called. I agree with nekroman here Im sure they are both very capable bikes but the atomik is hell ugly and I would much rather prefer the stinky.
Yes!
Some kind of floating brake mount with a cool name i think...
So that = no more brake jack
But with a platform shock then there would be considerably less bob, and just as efficient as an fsr type frame.

Matt H

Eats Squid
So we have
Dorco Atomik rear shock = Dhx 3.0 (rebound,boost valve)
Kona Stinky rear shock = Van R (essentially the same w/out boost valve)

Dorco Atomik Fork = Super T with an RV damper - (rebound/compression)
Kona stinky Fork = Dropoff triple (Uses the EXACT same bottom of the line marzocchi damper that the super t has - except with out compression adjust)

Dorco Atomik Brakeset is exactly the same as the kona, except the kona has the BF Levers, which IMO is a big upgrade.

Dorco hubs are shitty generic norco ones, stinky hubs are FH-M525's

Rims are the exact same.

So umm, what was the about the specs being in a different league? :rolleyes:

matty_101

Likes Dirt
drop-off triples are good forks when they're tuned properly, if there not then they suck. but super-ts stil are the better fork.

Plow King

Little bit.
So we have
Dorco Atomik rear shock = Dhx 3.0 (rebound,boost valve)
Kona Stinky rear shock = Van R (essentially the same w/out boost valve)

Dorco Atomik Fork = Super T with an RV damper - (rebound/compression)
Kona stinky Fork = Dropoff triple (Uses the EXACT same bottom of the line marzocchi damper that the super t has - except with out compression adjust)

Dorco Atomik Brakeset is exactly the same as the kona, except the kona has the BF Levers, which IMO is a big upgrade.

Dorco hubs are shitty generic norco ones, stinky hubs are FH-M525's

Rims are the exact same
Norco specs are still better. You forgot to add the shitmano vs the sram.

So umm, what was the about the specs being in a different league? :rolleyes:

Norco specs are still better. You forgot to add the shitmano vs the sram.

The lack of chainguide on the stinky.

Last years super t's had basically the same system as the 888vf2s and they were very solid forks, but last year when i rode the drop offs, im sorry. but they were just horrible.

The super t's have more travel than the kona, the norco has adjustable travel. 7-8" whereas the kona only has one travel setting.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Seriously, the Super T and the Dropoff T both have the SAME shitty end marzocchi RV damper, except you can control the amount of shitty, spiking compression damping on one :eek:
And besides, i'd rather take deore over X.7

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heheh DORCO :p

I have the 06 Stinky and its Intened use is freeride. So who cares about pedal bob for freeride I couldn't care less. But if you want to downhill the Atomik would be a better race choice because of its pro pedal thingo and more front and rear travel.

Stinky = Freeride

Atomik = Downhill

my 2 cents

shore_2

Likes Dirt
Stinky= stinky pile of poo. No comparison to the Norco. Stinky's feel like a Big W toy to ride compared to Norco.

Plow King

Little bit.
i'd rather take deore over X.7
You can't be serious?

The deore constantly smacks the frame and causes stupid amounts of chainslap and has a shithouse cable routing system where you have to make a huge lassoo at the rear end otherwise the outter just burrs.not to mention the fact that sram x7 shifts a million times cleaner and quicker than shitmano deore or lx.

Matt H

Eats Squid
You can't be serious?

The deore constantly smacks the frame and causes stupid amounts of chainslap and has a shithouse cable routing system where you have to make a huge lassoo at the rear end otherwise the outter just burrs.not to mention the fact that sram x7 shifts a million times cleaner and quicker than shitmano deore or lx.
Pfft, well at least the leavers don't snap :rolleyes:

Matt H

Eats Squid
Stinky= stinky pile of poo. No comparison to the Norco. Stinky's feel like a Big W toy to ride compared to Norco.
Soo ummmm, are you actually going to provide any factual evidence to back that up, or rather "Teh stinky iz no goodzor"

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Soo ummmm, are you actually going to provide any factual evidence to back that up, or rather "Teh stinky iz no goodzor"
im not going to provide evidence but this may have something to do with it...

this may be a more appropriate statement

Stinky+drop offs = stinky pile of poo

yer mate "Teh stinky iz no goodzor"

Attachments

condog

Likes Dirt
id personally go for the stinky,
the "super" t's wouldent be much different, and perform the same hence the same amount of travel and both air. they both have pretty much the same components.
Connor.

Plow King

Little bit.
id personally go for the stinky,
the "super" t's wouldent be much different, and perform the same hence the same amount of travel and both air. they both have pretty much the same components.
Connor.
You do realise they both dont have the same amount of travel. They are not air forks, they simpily have air adjust.

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
Wow this is really stupid. Someone has one pic of a broken arch on one fork and they are ruled out as shit. then we have X7 v Deore somthin somthin somthin and somthin else which brings me to that other thing and this stuff over there. bah I give up

Plow King

Little bit.
Wow this is really stupid. Someone has one pic of a broken arch on one fork and they are ruled out as shit. then we have X7 v Deore somthin somthin somthin and somthin else which brings me to that other thing and this stuff over there. bah I give up
He asked for our advice, we have to back it up somehow.

Answers like...The stinky is perdy, get that.

Aint gonna help in his decision.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just having a dig at old bud getting all serious