Stolen bikes warning

WOW182

Likes Bikes
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that there are heaps of bikes being stolen recently, especially ones like ours that look good.So take the extra time to put a bracket in the garage that you can lock your bike up to it (with a good quality lock) and cover it up.This may seem over the top but thieves who need money fast will take what ever they can. So make sure you lock up your pride n joy.

Cheers :D

junior

get out of my grill
espically on the northern beaches in sydney!!!!

its definatly worth the effort lockin your bike up.

Yes definitly on the northern beaches, thoses little junkies n bastards will do nefing 4 drug cash, so take the time and a few $$$ for a decent reinforced bracket and a lock thats drill, pry,force, heat and manipluation proof!!!! its definitly worth it!!!! :!: :!:

olsson

Likes Dirt
Yeah, serial numbers in your phone, wallett @ home.
Make sure because you might find your bike frame or any bike part down the street latter on!
:p

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
keep your serial numbers on something else too
like a brick on your house to be extreme
coz things like wallet and phone are often stolen easier than bikes.

a_harbour

Likes Dirt
Im building up a bike specificly for riding down the street.
keeping my good bike locked up in the house and only taking out for rides were i dont have to leave it alone and locked up.

dumb 01

Likes Dirt
yeh keep it in your house, good bikes are good to look at anyway. and if you think you can just leave it outside the deli for two minutes think again.

ok! you want a good place to keep serial numbers? at home all my serial numbers are ingraved into then door and backplate of a high security firearms safe, thats way u never loose them beacuse the safe cant move.... plus never forget to just keep the bike locked up, itz just common sense

bing bong

Likes Dirt
yer i keep mine in my house, in fact in my room. the main reason is there is no room anywhere else :) so im happy

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My bike is always between my legs or locked up in the shed with a Very Agressive Jack Russel Asleep or sitting at the door with a black lab that wouldnt hurt a fly.
I always ride a old giant if i have to ride to thw milk bar or pay a bill for mum.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
My LBS records all serial numbers of bikes AND forks in his computer. He also gives out an official printout which doubles as an invoice too...

so yeah, take down your serial number from your frame, AND don't forget the serial number of your forks too, and lotsa pictures of your bike.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Defenitely guys, locking up your hard earned WOULD seem common sense but I myself have stupidly left my bike unattended with no lock before, and I was just damn lucky that the little punk that took it ditched it (literally left in a ditch) 100 metres up the road in some long grass (He still stoll my beatiful bullet valve caps ;) ) So, yes Lock it up with something strong.

cornflake

Likes Dirt
bing bong said:
yer i keep mine in my house, in fact in my room. the main reason is there is no room anywhere else :) so im happy
hahaha i hear u man, that's where i keep mine too. might as well, eh!!! safe as can be, right under ur nose

skivi

Likes Dirt
on tuesday (my birthday) i was at my local bike shop havin a gander at chainstay protectors, i had left my new puppy (STP Zero got it the day before!) outside the front of the shop (un-locked) :confused:
i was only in the shop for 2 minutes, walked out looked at my bike and suddenly blurted out "FU*K!" :eek: cos without realizing it i had left my brand new bike thats worth $2,000 out of my site, in Public, during the middle of the day!
(NEVA doin that again!) :eek:

skivi

Likes Dirt
wait,
seing as weir on the topic of bikes being stolen have a read of this shit scary story........

this story is 100% true and happened to my best riding buddy Liam (khs kruza)15 yrs old at the time,

last year when he was riding his KHS alite 500 home after work experience at about 6 o'clock (getin dark) .............

Liam- "well i was a few blocks away from home, and i was totally buggered after woking all day, so i was just riding slow, no handed. i saw a group of guys (late teens) walking up ahead. after riding past them one of them silently chased after me without me knowing, untill he was right next to me, just as i realised he was there he pushed me off my bike onto the nature strip (i went flying) the fag*ot grabed my bike leaped on, and gunned it, i sprinted after the bastard and my pride and joy, grapped the guy (other guys are now running towards me from down the street!) and threw him to the ground, he reached for the bike again so i kiked him (hard) once in the side and again to his hand on the ground, this gave me enough time to leap on the bike (the guy was cluthcing at his hand while still on the ground) and absolutely piss bolt home, my hart was beating so hard i thought i wa gonna have an attack or something!" :eek:

Liam didnt see any point in goin to the cops as he neva got a clear look at his face or any of the other guys.

the message in this story is to always lock ur bike when its out of YOUR site and neva leave ur guard down! :cool:

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Ahhh S***

my bike got knicked after only 2 weeks. I was so pissed.
it was in my garage, which was locked, and is part of my house, but i was asleep.

I will never sleep again.
Untill i get tired.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Dont only get a lock, also get it insured, its only a hundred or so dollars a year and if it gets stolen you get your money back to its replacement value!