stories of bike thefts? theft attempts?

Binaural

Eats Squid
Maybe because the majority of times something like this happens, it is *TD EDIT* racial target of angrygecko's choice *TD EDIT*?!
Yeah, right. Less than 2% of the population and you reckon they commit more than 50% of the crime? Pull your head in.

Last edited by a moderator:
bike theft-clowns!!!

I go away wif mates to n.s.w.,we were staying in a resort type thing and my mate had his brand new 03 haro with him and on the first night he dicided to lock it up to a pole downstairs,because he couldnt be bothrered taking it up the stairs everytime he wasent riding it, We woke up the next mornin to find no lock or bike??!!??!!??!! so we went to the cop station and lodged and roberbery and all dat stuff!! they didnt find the bike...
same time the year after at the same place me and the same mate were walkin down to road to the milkbar and my mate realized a maxxis sticker on someblokes bike. then he realized it was his old bike! we went to the cops and reported it , turns out it was his bike!!!
the cops say that it happens regulary, and they store the bikes away for 2 months so no1 see's it and they hope they forget about it!!!

06acrider

Likes Dirt
how my old bike got nicked

this happened last year
me and a couple of my mates went for a ride and we stopped at mc donalds for a bite to eat and we left our bikes out the front unlocked thinking they'd be safe and we went inside and ate and when we went back to where our bikes where they were gone and it wasn't just one or two bikes it was five bikes all gone so we went to the cop shop and we still haven't heard any thing about them yet.

cellardoor

Likes Dirt
this happened last year
me and a couple of my mates went for a ride and we stopped at mc donalds for a bite to eat and we left our bikes out the front unlocked thinking they'd be safe and we went inside and ate and when we went back to where our bikes where they were gone and it wasn't just one or two bikes it was five bikes all gone so we went to the cop shop and we still haven't heard any thing about them yet.
Ive heard a few storys like this and as far as Im concerned you deserve to have your bikes nicked. This isnt happy dounut land where everyones a do good mormon. Its reality with junkies and theives around every courner. The only time Ive ever had anything stolen was when some shit pointed a knife at my chest. If you are going to leave your bike sittting in the street with no one watching it of course its going to get taken. Its a shame the world is this way but it is.

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Hey,
dunno if this has been mentioned but i just thought i would let you all know that you can insure jewellry for if it gets stolen while your out. My mum is ringing the company up later today (it comes with our house loan) Its like $2 a week. My brothers necklace is insured for $2,500 which is what my bikes worth. Dunno about excess and stuff ill get back to you one that!

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Also a couple of years back in currans hill (near camden/campbelltown) just when the houses were all new. We had our bikes stolen there were our motorbikes, push bikes riding gear and petrol remote control cars. My dad quickly went to work ensuring no one ever got in again or if they did took anything. Motorbike are now chained to the floor, garage door handles have been disconnected, one garage door completly blocked up the other is remote control, poles through the doors so they cant open anyway and padlocked to the floor also.
Had many attempts since to get in the handles are pretty much completely smashed apparently the hit them n it breaks a wire n they just lift up but we disconnected teh wire so they cant! All of this happened while we were asleep in bed.
My bmx still lives in the garage but my mountain bike sleeps in my room:)

bmgal666

Likes Dirt
when i'm at coles or safeway i'll slip my chain of my rear cog, by the time they relise people would know whats going on, so yeah, try it
hahaha i just take the forks out and ask the security guard to mind my forks and then i remove the chain lol

bloodzkull

Likes Bikes
ok i deserve two medals, 1. i read all of that. that was a mission with my hangover.

i have had 2 bike stolen, both bmx's got rolled at caboolture train station for my specialized fuse 3 (bike was nothing but problems anyway) and another shitter from a mates garage.

medal number 2. sitting in my mates backyard with a little light on cleaning out his dads new 45. lever action trapper (if anyones in to guns/hunting) finished cleaning it went to walk around the front to put it in the car cause we where leaving for a trip the next morning. and what do i see, some bogan just leaving his carport trying sneak away with his bike (was about 1am). of course me rifle in hand decides to point it at him and ask what the fark he thinks he is doing. then make him put the bike back walk inside (what a shock for my mate) and call the cops himself.

cop gave me a very stern warning that pointing guns at people is bad even if they aren't loaded, then says it was probably the funniest adverted robbery he has ever done.

note.. at no point was the gun ever loaded etc..

krazy_huker

Banned
guys i know violence is not the way -a few weeks ago i witnested a stab/slashing (i dont intend to fight unless somone wants to take my bike)- all you have to do is learn how to talk your way out of situations, if that dosent work, you should use as much force as you think is enough. relise that theifs have pressed charges for being bashed. but all shit aside, i have the 661 cedric carbon gloves, a nice hefty bike for throwing and a nice wrench if someone want to take my pride. Remeber to take a swing with your:fists, wrench or bike, to show them you mean buisness because most little @b0$(just symbols) think if they act tough you will hand over you bike. so little kiddies if you ride with a backpack take a bike part or tool(not a wepon) ei. seatpost, spare handlebars, a nice big wrench that you can use in the worst situation.

just think:

you get you pride stolen by some @b0$
or
get your hands dirty and posibly over time they(little @b0 fu**ers) will learn that mtbers are as tough as 4130

KH

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
guys i know violence is not the way -a few weeks ago i witnested a stab/slashing (i dont intend to fight unless somone wants to take my bike)- all you have to do is learn how to talk your way out of situations, if that dosent work, you should use as much force as you think is enough. relise that theifs have pressed charges for being bashed. but all shit aside, i have the 661 cedric carbon gloves, a nice hefty bike for throwing and a nice wrench if someone want to take my pride. Remeber to take a swing with your:fists, wrench or bike, to show them you mean buisness because most little @b0$(just symbols) think if they act tough you will hand over you bike. so little kiddies if you ride with a backpack take a bike part or tool(not a wepon) ei. seatpost, spare handlebars, a nice big wrench that you can use in the worst situation.

just think:

you get you pride stolen by some @b0$
or
get your hands dirty and posibly over time they(little @b0 fu**ers) will learn that mtbers are as tough as 4130

KH
was that stabbing at leumeah just guessing because those one of those symbols have stabbed some1 here i saw the guy one night coming back from the skate park and bang i was off my bike and ready to rebel against any attack he was planning but he just rode off on his bike into an empty carpark that goes nowhere at 11:30 at night strange i thought, oh and besides i can say aboriginal did the attack because my m8s witnessed it so im not being racist
Edit: i also saw security footage on the newsEdit:

Last edited:

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I left my bike down my drive (coudn't see it from the road) and forgot to get it in. The next morning i couldn't find my bike!. Someone came down our drive and saw it and stole it. i never leave my bike out now taught me a good lesson!

krazy_huker

Banned
was that stabbing at leumeah just guessing because those one of those symbols have stabbed some1 here i saw the guy one night coming back from the skate park and bang i was off my bike and ready to rebel against any attack he was planning but he just rode off on his bike into an empty carpark that goes nowhere at 11:30 at night strange i thought, oh and besides i can say aboriginal did the attack because my m8s witnessed it so im not being racist
Edit: i also saw security footage on the newsEdit:
nah this was in brighton, outside La porcheta.

KH

Benji45roadie

Cannon Fodder
a couple of years ago my bike was stolen (a crappy 25kg rebel sports duly) along with about 6 others
at my school (waverley college) we have cycling as a sport
we ussualy locked our bikes in this big indoor alarmed office but it started to get to full in there (30+ Bikes) so we had to move out
in the mean time of a new place to be found for our bikes we had to leave them down the side of our school behind 2 8ft fences. the only way you could see the bikes was from a few classrooms in the school or the units accross the road
we ussualy leave them at school from a tuesday afternoon to thursday afternoon so we dont need to lug them back and fourth from school (damn waverley council and police dont let anyone in the area ride to school)
any who on the wednesday all the cycling people got called down to the area and they were like yer a few bikes have been stolen go cheack if urs is there
MINE WASNT:eek: along with about 6 others
in the end the school was crying about paying back everyones bikes because the insurance wouldnt cover it or some crap. the school just built a 6million doller performing art centre, Fuck off they didnt have 3,000
no real expensive bikes were stolen but the skol ended up paying about 50% - 75% of our money back only because we bugged them and argued witht htem for a month or so
in the end it was ok for me I GOT A NEW BETTER BIKE WOO which i only just sold . . . . .:D

demo man

Used to be cool.
oh and besides i can say aboriginal did the attack because my m8s witnessed it so im not being racist
Edit: i also saw security footage on the news
While it's not being directly racist, it has no relevance at all you fucking idiot.

what difference does it make if whoever you're talking about is black, white, yellow, gay, lesbian, a mormon or a jew? All you're doing is racial profiling. i don't see how his race is of any relevance, or why you felt like you needed to state that pathetic excuse for a fact other than to say: "hey, look everybody! this guy's a [insert race]!"

oh, and please refrain from using text message type writing, mate.

krazy_huker

Banned
While it's not being directly racist, it has no relevance at all you fucking idiot.

what difference does it make if whoever you're talking about is black, white, yellow, gay, lesbian, a mormon or a jew? All you're doing is racial profiling. i don't see how his race is of any relevance, or why you felt like you needed to state that pathetic excuse for a fact other than to say: "hey, look everybody! this guy's a [insert race]!"

oh, and please refrain from using text message type writing, mate.
jews a race? are christians a race? how about muslims? morons?, where did you pull that from?
I know gays/lesbians are not a race and calling jews or judaisim a race could be more of an offence than "not being racist but the abo...." or "not being racist but the jew....." Also its not being racist it is being anti-sematic if you are giving shit to a religon. If it is "racial profiling" why didnt you "[insert a race] scared your going to be called a racist?

to top this off it is "politicaly incroect" to call anyone anythig.

my 2 and a 1/2 cents

KH

Ryan

Radministrator
jews a race? are christians a race? how about muslims? morons?, where did you pull that from?
I know gays/lesbians are not a race and calling jews or judaisim a race could be more of an offence than "not being racist but the abo...." or "not being racist but the jew....." Also its not being racist it is being anti-sematic if you are giving shit to a religon. If it is "racial profiling" why didnt you "[insert a race] scared your going to be called a racist?

my 2 and a 1/2 cents

KH
Yes, the jews are a race, you are a racist and to top it all off you can't even fucking spell "hucker" properly. You are of no use to us.

demo man

Used to be cool.

my 2 and a 1/2 cents

KH
my point was more about relevance than specifically targeting one group or another.

do you think it is a relevant thing to say that some Aboriginal commited a crime? what about saying some gay guy did? how about saying that a local bogan aussie did it?

I just don't see why adding the race or a nice stereo-typical tag to someone who has just committed a crime can do anything constructive or in any way interesting.

JDB

Likes Dirt
When describing someone, the most obvious visual traits are skin colour, hair colour and build. If you saw me, you would see a tall white guy with dark hair, and if you were asked to describe me to say a Police officer those are the characteristics you would describe, followed by clothing and upkeep. So why is it such a social wrong to mention the skin colour or apparent ethnicity of a person when describing them? If I was mugged and my bike stolen I'd put a detailed description of the perpetrator on here, and quite happily make reference to there skin colour in the same way as I'd reference there hair colour, height, weight and style of dress. That’s not being racist, it’s simply providing the most detailed description I can.