Strange encounters on the trails

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Seen plenty of weird stuff, humans and animals… but honestly, I’m just super happy we don’t have bears.
Or Mountain Lions, Cougars, Wolves, Tigers, Leopards or all those other man eating animals.

They say everything in Australia is trying to kill you, yeah... we have a shit load of venomous shit here but we have nothing big and growly.

Worst that will happen a MTBer here is getting bumped off by a skip or unfortunately a snake bite.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
When we encounter big roos, which often enough… Greys can be big, but Reds are like fricken huge… and Sue is packin big time… I always say… Thank Dog they aren’t carnivores.
k'oath

Those reds are fukn huge... a few big old greys about too.

Its the skitey little grey chunts that get spooked and wipe a MTBer out, the big guys just stand there and chew shit... when the lil mofos hit you, you are going to ground.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Can't night ride in the Royal National Park for the next 4 months. The sharp shooters might mistake you for a Rusa deer.
are shooters there for an authorised cull, or are they game hunters? AFAIK, regular hunters aren't supposed to hunt deer at night.

Patio

Likes Bikes
are shooters there for an authorised cull, or are they game hunters? AFAIK, regular hunters aren't supposed to hunt deer at night.
Well, the signs the Parks put up are for legal controlled culling of deer. They could be out there any time, anywhere, any night for the next 4 months. However, headless deer and deer with arrows in them are indicators the illegal "game" hunters are around too.

cammas

Seamstress
Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
The segment name rang a bell, get down on the beach and approach the rocks at the end with caution, I try not to look but some shit just cant be ignored and unseen

Theres a strange feeling about acknowledging a naked bloke who's just greeted you with a G'day mate while standing with the hairy slug out.
I drive past the carpark regularly at all times of the day and night.

So much weird shit that I have been forced to blot from the memory bank.

Due to said blotting, I cannot confirm or deny any involvement in the murders.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
When we encounter big roos, which is often enough… Greys can be big, but Reds are like fricken huge… and Sue is packin big time… I always say… thank Dog they aren’t carnivores.
My Dad's property has Western Greys and Euros. Western Greys are small and flighty. Euros are... neither.

Pretty cool though, you can be out and about working near them and they couldn't care less. I'm just mindful that if one of the big males start hissing and spitting at you that it's time to upgrade your social distancing.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I drive past the carpark regularly at all times of the day and night.

I cannot confirm or deny any involvement in the shenanigans that go on in the bushes.

FIFY ;)
Whats his safe word though? Fatbike, Strava, KOM?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Can't night ride in the Royal National Park for the next 4 months. The sharp shooters might mistake you for a Rusa deer.
@Patio - you hear the gunshots this arvo? Apparently an injured deer was in Bonnievale & was euthanised today. They used a proper gun.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Sitting in a remote camp in the Vic high country and heard a couple of Dingos yapping to each other and appeared to go around our camp some distance away, then they start to come up along the river towards us.
Next minute stuff is going down, a Sambar fawn runs right through camp and bolts accros the river and an alpine Dingo sliding to a stop 15m away from camp with its mate a bit further back, they looked as surprised as me.

Went to bed later and heard the Dingoes coming back along the river with just the short little yaps then a growl about 30m from camp.
Went over the river the next day and found the remains of the fawn which must have been lying doggo to escape the Dingoes.

And I nearly hit a Tassie devil on Blue Tier at Derby, missed my chance at fame, would've made the local paper for sure.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sitting in a remote camp in the Vic high country and heard a couple of Dingos yapping to each other and appeared to go around our camp some distance away, then they start to come up along the river towards us.
Next minute stuff is going down, a Sambar fawn runs right through camp and bolts accros the river and an alpine Dingo sliding to a stop 15m away from camp with its mate a bit further back, they looked as surprised as me.

Went to bed later and heard the Dingoes coming back along the river with just the short little yaps then a growl about 30m from camp.
Went over the river the next day and found the remains of the fawn which must have been lying doggo to escape the Dingoes.

And I nearly hit a Tassie devil on Blue Tier at Derby, missed my chance at fame, would've made the local paper for sure.
Used to spend a lot of time in the high country, only thing I ever experienced was cows and snakes and spiders. That would have been an interesting night!