Street/Dirt Build

Hey guys just looking for some advice. Looking at building a hardtail for street dirt and park riding. Im 6f4 so i would like a bigger frame. Price isnt the biggest worry but i dont wont to throw money away, i would be happy with $2500 or less for the build. This is my ideal spec list so far please feel free to add anything and all advice is more than welcome.

Frame: Dartmoor Cody or Blkmrkt MOB or ????
Forks: X-fusion Velvet R or Rockshox argyles
Stem: Spank Tweet Tweet
Handlebars: Funn Full On
Headset: ????
Brakes: Juicey 3's if any
Cranks: Odyssey Twombolts
Pedals: Probably some crap plastic ones :D
Sprocket: ????
Seat: ????
Seat Post: ????
Front hub: Depends on which forks i decide
Rear Hub: Hope Pro II SS Trials or NS Rotary 2010
Rims: Spank Subrosa or Tweet Tweet

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I can say that the silver cody's have been super popular, so much so we've got only 1 left and they haven't even landed! The demand for them has been amazing.

Also to be noted: that if you order enough parts we are happy to work you in organizing a package setup, and we have the combo pricing with X-fusion on the Dartmoor frames. We can also have them lowered to the 80mm for you.

You've got a great budget to build something really nice, either sounds like you'll get a top bike!

Last edited:
Cheers mate, yeah i should hopefully get a nice bike out of it in the end, ive just can never bring myself to make a concrete decision on which bloody parts to buy. just a quick question how much do you actually save on the frame and forks deal seeing how it adds 600 but the forks are only 430 on DIY? What headset do you add in?

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Frame: Dartmoor Cody or Blkmrkt MOB or ???? Either Frame here is a nice frame, I have the Cody, and it rides very well and is a tiny bit longer.
Forks: X-fusion Velvet R or Rockshox argyles The Velvets are a good idea if you get a DM as Rick can hook you up nicely I have velvets set at 90mm. Another option could be to look for Pike Airs
Stem: Spank Tweet Tweet: Look at dartmoor stuff so many colours and light, leaf also make a nice stem.
Handlebars: Funn Full On: Other options could be some of the DM stuff, pretty sure reverse have some cool bars too.. have a look at them,
Headset: ????
Cranks: Odyssey Twombolts DM also do some good cranks but Look at the profile crank range, they are a bit more pricey but the product is very good, c'mon there profile! you'll be pimpin!
Pedals: Probably some crap plastic ones :D
Seat: ???? Colony
Seat Post: ???? DM
Front hub: Depends on which forks i decide
Rims: Spank Subrosa or Tweet Tweet[/QUOTE]

Just some adjustments that i would make =P
Good luck with the build but, whatever you do sounds like you have the right idea

Thanks heaps for the advice, me being stupid i totally forgot about profile cranks which i think is a great idea. Is it going to effect anything (strength wise) being that the velvets arent 20 mm? The velvets would be better because i already have two wheels that can fit. As for frame i like the cody just becuase its not going to kill my buget as much as the mob :) and its light as!!!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The x-fusion velvets used to be $699 RRP, he is having a sale on them, means we would have to check the current pricing on them, but yes they would be cheaper in a package.

Headset wise the Cody package comes with a Dartmoor Charka headset to suit.

We've got a bunch of the new Dartmoor bars coming in, all new design for the year: should be pretty nice. The reverse bars are just a step above, the quality of the finish on them is insane. Admittedly pricey, but when you get them in front of you can can see why the germans can charge what they charge. Oh and their stupidly light.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
hmmmmmmmm much to think about im really liking the frame/fork deal......
As for stem the dartmoor funky is the sex
Yeah they are pretty nice man, light to boot. I know of customers using them on their free ride, all mountain bikes through to the 25.4mm version for street and dirt applications.

Black is the most popular colour choice for that component.

boads 250

Likes Dirt
Frame: Dartmoor Cody or Blkmrkt MOB or ????
Forks: X-fusion Velvet R or Rockshox argyles
Stem: Spank Tweet Tweet
Handlebars: Funn Full On
Headset: chris king are so good
Cranks: Odyssey Twombolts
Pedals: Probably some crap plastic ones
Seat: what ever floats you boat a bmx one
Seat Post: colony
Front hub: profile for sure
Rims: Spank Subrosa or Tweet Tweet

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps for the advice, me being stupid i totally forgot about profile cranks which i think is a great idea. Is it going to effect anything (strength wise) being that the velvets arent 20 mm? The velvets would be better because i already have two wheels that can fit. As for frame i like the cody just becuase its not going to kill my buget as much as the mob :) and its light as!!!
Def recommend this man, the thing about the forks is, you can always change them if your not happy, but I havent had a problem with them, Ridden by Billy, Benny Phillips(first frontflip whip) Brodie and now Jervis, and look at the team, Its like any other fork, they can break, just treat them well

STP_rider

Likes Dirt
def go the profiles that is what my nextpair of cranks will be (my deitys snapped) plus they come with lifetime warrenty

Thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated. This is the updated spec list: (will probably change any minute)

Frame: Dartmoor Cody
Forks: X-fusion Velvet R
Stem: Dartmoor Funky (violet) (25.4)
Handlebars: Dartmoor Scand (25.4)
Headset: Chakra (violet)
Cranks: Profile Racing
Sprocket: 25T Colony (purple)
Seat: BMX one of some type
Seat Post: Dartmoor Fusion L (i can cut if neccessary)
Front hub: NS Rotary 10 2010 (purple)
Rear Hub: Hope Pro II SS Trials
Rims: Spank Tweet Tweet (purple)

Incase you didnt guess im going with a black and purple highlights colour scheme :D

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated. This is the updated spec list: (will probably change any minute)

Frame: Dartmoor Cody
Forks: X-fusion Velvet R
Stem: Dartmoor Funky (violet) (25.4)
Handlebars: Dartmoor Scand (25.4)
Headset: Chakra (violet)
Cranks: Profile Racing
Sprocket: 25T Colony (purple)
Seat: BMX one of some type
Seat Post: Dartmoor Fusion L (i can cut if neccessary)
Front hub: NS Rotary 10 2010 (purple)
Rear Hub: Hope Pro II SS Trials
Rims: Spank Tweet Tweet (purple)

Incase you didnt guess im going with a black and purple highlights colour scheme :D

PIMPIN bro! sounds good

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
I can say that the silver cody's have been super popular, so much so we've got only 1 left and they haven't even landed! The demand for them has been amazing.
Yea such high demand that you get one with out even ordering it. hehe. ;)

CHUCK101

Likes Bikes
peadl go for some odyssey JC PVCs if you can get them they are sick!
and stick with wombolts super light & super strong
and may i sugest not getting the hope hub besause it only goes down to a 13tooth driver which is super annoying if yu want to to have a small drive train.

Damn forgot about that, seems like NS might be the go..... My only problem with it would be its like 100g heavier than every other hub, could this be that they include freewheel in the weight?

Hmmmm.........:confused:

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
peadl go for some odyssey JC PVCs if you can get them they are sick!
and stick with wombolts super light & super strong
and may i sugest not getting the hope hub besause it only goes down to a 13tooth driver which is super annoying if yu want to to have a small drive train.
Just forget everything this guys says, hes got no idea.