Stupidest name for a product?

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Pondering a "for sale" thread on another forum, I noticed a set of Fox Vanilla 150mm forks.

It dawned on me. What a stupid name for a suspension component. What think tank at fox many many a year ago sat around and thought:

" yep, our new suspension should conjour thoughts of a bean that people use to flavor ice-cream with"

So I ask the question; what product, any product not just MTB related, have you came across and thought "What idiot thought that was a good idea?"

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not stupid in a bad way, but a hilarious way...

Cove takes the cake...

STD, G-Sport, Stiffee. I think there where more, but those stand out.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'Apple' for electronics. Think about it.....it is truly a shit name.

In fact...anything with an i as a prefix. It is so "me me me me"

Last edited:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of the names that are given to cars suck too.

Prius------sounds like a never ending erection....which may not be such a bad thing but could eventually become a nuisance

Commodore-----name that inspires an image that has heavy connotations linked to sailing. Great. I own a car that handles like a sailboat and I wear Oiled Deck Shoes, white pants and a sweater draped over my shoulders with the arms tied in some sailing type knot around my neck.

Lancer--------conjours up an image of a huge puss filled boil.

HSV------sounds like AIDS for the 21st Century

Clubsport--------sounds very Amateur. Prosport would sound like they would know a bit more about what they were doing.

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
Giant did very well with the Trance and XTC. I hear next season they are adding LSD and Dubstep to their range of bikes.

Mitsubishi did well with the Pajero (Spanish for wanker) and there's the lost in translation urban legend that the Starion was actually meant to be the Stallion.

Fiat wondered why the Pinto didn't sell well in South America, turns out no body wanted to drive around in a small penis.

Golden Gaytime is always good for a giggle.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Focus-------Focus on what? The road.......yeah that usually helps if you want to live when driving. Makes me think of Leyton Hewett doing the whole hyper dynamic reverse goose arm pose at himself after winning a point (but still losing the match)

Territory------So appropriate for the modern commuter. The only fucken territory I care about starts and ends in a militarised zone about 1.5 meters wide that surrounds my SUV. Every other motorist, cyclist, pedestrian, marsupial, reptile or bird poses a threat to my mortality so I will kill you if you display any intent to infiltrate my Territory.

Honda Bukkake---------Actually doesn't exist yet but who knows what those crazy Japanese will come up with to trump the car that steered with all 4 wheels.

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Pondering a "for sale" thread on another forum, I noticed a set of Fox Vanilla 150mm forks.

It dawned on me. What a stupid name for a suspension component. What think tank at fox many many a year ago sat around and thought:

" yep, our new suspension should conjour thoughts of a bean that people use to flavor ice-cream with"

So I ask the question; what product, any product not just MTB related, have you came across and thought "What idiot thought that was a good idea?"
I dunno, I don't mind it.
Makes me think of lush creamy and smooth velvety suspension.

But I do have to say that I can't stand Merida's model coding.
It reads like a bar code.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Kona also make a "Smoke" 29er commute bike.

The Ford Probe always made me laugh, but why oh why would Holden name a tarted up Commodore model "Senator"? Makes me think of those boozed-up windbags in Canberra.

Mitsubishi Legnum?

Last edited: