Stupidest name for a product?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
m, I noticed a set of Fox Vanilla 150mm forks.

It dawned on me. What a stupid name for a suspension component. What think tank at fox many many a year ago sat around and thought:

" yep, our new suspension should conjour thoughts of a bean that people use to flavor ice-cream with"
Everyone knows Vanilla is the smoothest of the flavours. Makes perfect sense.

Stolen. Just confusing to us old men :noidea::crutch:
Try working at a shop that sells them. "Do you have any Stolen BMXs or gear." "Yep" all the other customers do a double take and make for the door.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Smeg Fridges (and other appliances)

What's even dafter is the fact that they are the 'Bang and Olufsen' of kitchen appliances despite having a name that is another term for foreskin cheese!
Smegin' hell. I never associated Smeg with Smegma. What a stupid smeggin' cat I am

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Trek Scratch, just why
Hahaha... Not the dumbest push bike name but it is stupid. Funnily enough I do get their logic. When motorcycle road riders go for a thrash ride they go "Scratching".

Everyone knows Vanilla is the smoothest of the flavours. Makes perfect sense.
.... Clear as fresh Cow shit.

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
Hahaha... Not the dumbest push bike name but it is stupid. Funnily enough I do get their logic. When motorcycle road riders go for a thrash ride they go "Scratching".
I think that's a reference to getting a knee down, so I still don't get why they'd call a mountain bike 'scratch'.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
No but if you went for a weekend thrash with your mates on youR bikes you could Sctratch new trails into the hillside or on existing rough tracks and terrain.

Best way I could describe it would be to watch some of the guys doing some big mountain riding. To "Scratch a new line in the hill"