DH Sunday Rebuild Thread - Finished

hazza6542

Eats Squid

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ridden a new evil undead, the weight is definitely noticeable but it's not holding you back once your moving. The linkage is proven, it works well, nothing to complain about but these new bikes do hold a bit better in the rough. Mines still half an inch lower than the new V10 and half a degree slacked, so it really does bring it up to modern geo, but I like long low raked out bikes. I got mine down to 17.1kg without a light build, fancy ti parts and some lighter wheels and tires you could easily get a sub 17kg race bike that will still keep up with the new dh bikes.

I am pretty biased to talking up the Sunday though...

hazza6542

Eats Squid
It's back!

Never really left, but it's time for a large frame. Bit sad pulling her apart but after riding a large aurum and seeing photos of me racing tucked up on the medium I realised how good a large could be. Should be a straight forward parts swap but there are plenty of new goodies, yum yum.

Biggest change right now is a float x2. Once it's in and running a tune at mtb suspension centre from Simon and she'll be pretty damn light for an old alloy dh rig, on paper 16.3 with pedals, couple other bits will make that even more impressive. Then starts the fun...

New rear triangle! 650b, 27.wank, whatever it's called, it's getting designed, machined and welded up. Trying to copy geo from a new carbon phoenix, even a few parts off a phoenix. Front triangle will be getting internal routing and integrated bumpers (straight off a phoenix), maybe even a bit of grinding to show off the kashima. Rear triangle first, proto that for a while (raaaawwwww), if it holds up it'll get sprayed. Bb is stupid low at the moment, 650 should actually make it perfect. Wheel base extended hopefully won't change, don't want to extend the stays any further.

Anyway that'll all be happening slowly, but for now here's a snap with a float x2 (it fits the large but not the medium..?).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Is there any clearance at all between the shock and top tube? Haha.

She gonna get the black/green repaint treatment as well?

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yup, bit different this time round. More black less green, bit more subtle. Looks a little strange with the silver frame but damn, large feels so good.

More clearance once hardware is in, top link is resting on the bottom of the shock eyelet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk