?SUSPENSION?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
yeah get sc shivers.... *cough cough OMG THEY COST SO MUCH BLING BLING YOU WON'T HAVE A THING THING cough cough* :D

G

:lol: peachy is a poet.. Shermans look sick man if you can afford that bling blang get them :p

n2o spark

Likes Dirt
suspension is gooooooood

i've myself some manitou black super airs. very light very nice but.... eventhough they ARE the 100mm - 120mm you can't convert to 120mm because manitou don't make that spring (well that is what the aussie rep says anyway cus i tried to get one) so i've had to get a few custom made (got some spare to sell too they are equiv to themedium ride kit)
yes so anyway. they can be set up to only take the big hits ( how i like em cause the little ones don't bothere me at all. may as well not have suspension if you are riding just a little bit rocky place i.e. rocks bout 1-15 cm round) and you can set them up to take all the little bumps. just let out or put in more air! however if the hit is too big like a serious bottom out then they loose a bit of air. but they are not cheap :( so you may want to some thing else.

about other suspension i've never ridden anything other and manitou so i don't know what rs or mz are like though i hear good things about mz and semi-good things bout rs

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
go with the manituo sherman fireflys
there an xeclent single crown fork
(if ya got the money)

saw a pair of sc shivers the other day...the flex was AMAZING...he said it didn't effect him too much...
but if u put the wheel between ur knees and turn the handlebars there was a good 20-30 degrees rotation...not what i'm looking for in a fork...

try sherman fireflys...i've never tried them but i only hear goo things...and check out mtbreview.com for what others have said

suspension

I love my 2003 marzocchi monster t, verrry heavy though approx 6.3kgs goes very well with my 2003 norco team shore. plush plush plush :twisted:

Broken200

Likes Dirt
Shermans

I got Sherman Firefly's on my AC2 and am very happy. Had to get firm ride kit (ti spring=$$$) but after that they were awesome. Very smooth, responsive and stiff compared to my old RS. Friend just got a 03 stinky with the DJ3's and I definately agree with previous comments about their suitability for trail riding. The small bump response just isn't comparable to the sherman. That said, they are almost half the price and my mate is pretty happy all the same. It really depends on how much you want to spend. DJ3 - $700, Psylo XC/SL - $800/1000, Flick/Firefly - $1175/1385
approx prices.

Jordy

RYD4LF
whateva you do dont get psylos... ive had some bad experiences with them ... my favourites are dj1's

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice, i have decided to go for dj3's cos they aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg, and also i'm saving for a DH bike, well maybe.

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
i had this prob when picking new forks ,poeple say don't get dj's cause they no good for just riding ,dont get psylos for some other reason ,
evey fork will have problems , and they are all diff from what i can gather so get what you like the look of , feel of and can afford .
i was going for dj's but got some psylos after having a good ride on them .

phreeky

Likes Bikes
i run MAXXIS 2.7" on my 03 stinky and have no trouble with clearence and i find the dj111 fine i think ppl just run too much air

suspension

2_fast_4_U : sorry if if I've offended you, but the reason why I wrote what I did was because I thought this subject was about what type of suspension you find to be to your likeing. & that is why i wrote this because these forks are huge, heavy & plush, that's why I like them. :twisted:

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
hey bender is crazy
got myself some pylos yesty and they are nice and smooth ,the uturn is pretty sweet aswell,

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i owned a pair of shiver sc, and they were flexy only when off the bike and twisting them and looking for flex - it was never noticed when riding ever.
i think the 04 has only 4 inches of travel aswell, so maybe the sherans would be better