Sydney 12 hour

tabmow

Squid
Great day with a good vibe. Loved the track and everyone was having a good time. Certainly a bit more chilled than previous 12hrs.

Where are the results? I've been to the Rocky Trail Entertainment site but can't see a link to the results.

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Awsome day - well run event - WSMTB continue to run/host professional events. My first 12hr and i certainly know it today - but with the mtb community being what it is - i cannot wait to go again. 450 riders and i didn't hear one negative or ego driven word all day. Nothing but encouragement, and respect on the track and around the transition area. Thanks all.
Thanks very much to all for the kind words.

After about 2 or 3 years in the wilderness with this event we were extremely blessed to have been able to hook up with Martin and Juliane at RockyTrail Entertainment to get the 12 hour back on its feet.

Throughout that time I've been in discussions with JetBlack Products who have wanted to be on board and support the event, but for various reasons, couldn't.

When Martin first came to me with his proposal for a 6 hour Grand Prix, all I could see was a marriage between JetBlack and RockyTrail... and the subsequent revival of the biggest 12 hour event in Australia!

Take that and then throw other staunch supporters such as Blackman Bicycles, and I can't begin to thank enough people.

To all the commercial supporters, thanks.

To all the volunteers, thanks.

To the WSMTB trail fairies (and you all know who you are) thanks for putting the CROSS COUNTRY back into endurance events - that track was bloody awesome!

To my committee - thanks!

...and thanks to the RIDERS - for having faith in WSMTB to deliver.

cheers,

schacksta (who doubled back for City2Surf and pulled off a 68 minute run!)
President
www.wsmtb.com

...I took a stack of pics and will post some up shortly, as well as a link to more...

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Shacksta, was good to see numbers back at this race and hopefully a good sign for years to come. All my mates have had your 12hr in the calender for a few years and were definitely worried it was dying a slow death last year, so bring on the 2010 edition!!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
I'm surprised not more people axed themselves on that bridge. I know that by the tail end of the race, i was clipping out and practically walking across after an earlier near miss. Not really a difficult obstacle but imagining what could potentially happen if you missed the bridge was enough to make you baulk.
It had me spooked by the end of the night. The bike handling skills were shot and I was just hanging on for dear life trying to ensure i didn't hurt myself.

It's funny to see the photos now of little drop offs and rocks that looked like a enormous cartoon mine field towards the end of the race :eek:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know this is way early but ill give it a shot. Are we looking at an august 12 hour next year or back to september

BT180

Max Pfaff
Were Marathon Photos the only company out there taking pics? Was there also Cycle Photos or something?

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Were Marathon Photos the only company out there taking pics? Was there also Cycle Photos or something?
The rocky trail website says they are waiting on images from cycle photos, so it looks like there was more than one company there.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Cool.

I've got quite a few shots from Marathon Photos, but the thumbnails aren't the best quality so it's hard to tell whether or not they are worth purchasing...