Sydney 24 Hour - New Date, New Venue

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Enduro Pulse has got the exclusive on Rocky Trail's Sydney 24 Hour with a new date and new venue. Mt Annan, here we come.....

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm feeling dizzy already :p

Why Martin Why???

Does this mean we get our 8 hour round back at Del Rio? Or better yet, give Dargle an 8 Hour round and bring the 12/8 weekend to Del Rio!

(yes I like the track at Del Rio - alot)

-Andrew

edit: Whats that, about 7 weeks to recover from the Scott 24?

Last edited:

Rambler

Likes Dirt
I'm not so sure about this venue being suitable for a 24. I will have to reserve judgement till after I see the track extension. I was expecting Dargle Farm to be the new location!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not so sure about this venue being suitable for a 24. I will have to reserve judgement till after I see the track extension. I was expecting Dargle Farm to be the new location!
The track extension would make for a better enduro race track, but now that it's free entry I wonder how they will get the money to build it.:(

Or if they want to keep it Del Rio style, there is a big road loop through the gardens too. ;)

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damm.
I already had a plan for next years race. We were going to book one of the houses do 6+6 with a big poker game on the saturday night.
Although the track isn't as good as Mt Annan I loved Del Rio as a venue. Where else was there a pool and a bar trackside. It will be interesting to see what happens with Del Rio now. The place has great potential but just needs somone to spend the time to get it there

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
mmm...fun track but not sure about doing 24hrs on it...seems a bit short and no long up hills with rewards of downhills. You need to be on the metal throughout all the course.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree. Mt Annan reminds me of yellowmundie. No major climbs but a tough course because you are always working with little oppertunity to rest. However Mt Annan are are planning to extend the track in time for the race. If its more of the same though it will be a tough day out.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
8 Weeks to recover from the Scott 24. Thats plenty to be able to solo both (under normal conditions)

I am a little disappointed about the date though - the Uni year ends on the Friday, so I may well be travelling direct from my last exam out to Mt Annan on the Friday night before the race. The reason the Feburary date was so awesome was that (a) it gave you an incentive to get rid of the post Xmas/NYE gut and (b) it meant I could put training on the backburner for the 6 weeks necesary to get through my end of year exams and assignments (that 6 week period is typically the unhealthiest of my year and is based around 6 hours of sleep a night and microwavable food) but still have enough time to get back to full fitness before the race.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
BRING IT ON!!!!!!! Couldn't be more brutal than last years world solo course, it's under an hour from home, and what better way to earn the Christmas binge than doin a 24 solo 3 weeks out. I'm there.:cool:

Rambler

Likes Dirt
BRING IT ON!!!!!!! Couldn't be more brutal than last years world solo course, it's under an hour from home, and what better way to earn the Christmas binge than doin a 24 solo 3 weeks out. I'm there.:cool:
Yep,world solo course was brutal although it also had it's rewards in the form of skyline and the luge track. I just don't see the same rewards at Mt Annan. In any case, Rocky Trail will no doubt hold a good gig.