Sydney City Ride, 29.9.04

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well there seems to be enough of a consensus to me.

So new meeting place: Harbour bridge cycle-way, Observatory end.

To get there, Think about where the Harbour bridge is, now where the observatory is, near there. There is an ungerpass that goes under the bridge... Ahh I'll explain later.

6:30-7:00 as always.

steamfrog

Likes Dirt
if its ok

Hey if its ok with everyone and cause im farkin hopless rider id like to bring a dv cam and shoot some stuff?.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here we go.

http://www.whereis.com.au:80/whereis/mapping/zoomMap.do?mapIndex=1&brandId=1&level=0

It is NE of the observatory, corner of Watson and Upper Fort. Where Glouster Street intersects with Cumberland there is a tunnel that goes west to Upper Fort street. Go up that.

I was going to say that as with all of the city rides posted here everyone is welcome, regardless of skill level, bike, age, sex, e.c.t. But please do not bring any negative attitude, do not abuse the public, give way to pedestrians, do what you are told by security guards (even if is stupid) and we will all have a good time.

Looking forward to some cool street riding.

LEX

Likes Dirt
Im in, bit concerned about the new venue, im realy bad with directions :( i might bring a few m8s aswell,

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
SMH said:
At 4.6 kilometres long and 2.4 kilometres wide, 4179 Toutatis, as it is officially known, would overshadow the CBD of Sydney. "It's about the size of Mount Kosciuszko,"...

...The best night to see it, preferably with a telescope, will be Tuesday, when it will be high in the southern sky and moving about twice the width of a full moon in an hour. On Wednesday night it will be fainter and lower down, near the bright pointer star, Alpha Centauri.

Sydney Observatory will hold viewings of the asteroid on Tuesday night. Bookings are essential.
Lucky we're riding Wed night as the meeting point is a tad too close!

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961861901.html

Rik

logged out
That's the problem with the observatory meetup... remember that night when I think it was Mars that was really visible? wall to wall people all the way through the Rocks.
I suggest that every week you change the meeting spot, to keep one step ahead of the tag-along dribblers.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Rik said:
That's the problem with the observatory meetup... remember that night when I think it was Mars that was really visible? wall to wall people all the way through the Rocks.
I suggest that every week you change the meeting spot, to keep one step ahead of the tag-along dribblers.
Absolutely, new meeting point each week is MANDATORY to avoiding all the tools I believe.

Reptileman

Likes Dirt
Re: if its ok

steamfrog said:
Hey if its ok with everyone and cause im farkin hopless rider id like to bring a dv cam and shoot some stuff?.
You might want to hang with the trials riders for some good footage, seeing someone ride down stairs gets pretty boring after the 1st time....LOL