Sydney City Ride: Wed 22nd 7pm...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Carlin said:
I wasn't there tonight either, by the sounds of it I am glad I wasn't.

It is a pity because I have been on some great city rides, but I don't want to be associated with this either. The irony is that as mountainbikers it reflects on all of us in a bad way.

Would I be right in guessing that either Sweeny or his counterparts were a part of this? Or am I just scapegoating?

I'll probably still ride with the trials group though, who seem to be more interested in riding than sexually harassing minors.
Mate, I couldn't believe it, the WHOLE Sweeny clan was there tonight, his little smart mouthed kiddy mates, blokes without helmets (I think his name was Gil) and unfortunately Steve W has been influenced too. YES I AM NAMING NAMES BECAUSE YOU ALL SHOULD BE FAIR DINKUM ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES, WE WERE ASHAMED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU.

To be fair though, I didn't hear Sweeny mouth off himself.

naz

Criminally Inane
sounds like a good ride to miss, i must say you red neck fellers are a damn fuckn embarresment, shut your fucking mouths its disgusting, save it for the gutter

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
The ride was a lot better when they did finally head off. Shame I managed to $%^& up my ankle.... :(
Next week is school holidays? Should be even worse....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
ona rampage said:
The ride was a lot better when they did finally head off. Shame I managed to $%^& up my ankle.... :(
Yeah, your ankle didn't seem to get any better as the night went on either. How is it this morning?

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RCOH said:
worst.ride.ever.

I believe a new meeting point for Wed nights could be in order.
The cycle-way Tunnel near Observatory Hill, (next to the cycle side of the Harbour Bridge) was always a cool meeting place. That gets my vote for a Neanderthol-free meet. The only reason we changed meeting place was because TD took out a drain pipe :lol: I think it has been a sufficiently long time since we met up there not to worry about that any more :wink:

Inverted

Likes Dirt
I must say what I witnessed last night was a total discrace not just to mtb community but to humans in general. Even when we barred them they sniffed us out thanks to a certain redneck we love to hate. I was discusted when they were slagging off people at the cargo bar, but I was even more pissed off when I herd them making rascist comments to a young asian girl minding her own business jogging down the footpath. That really was it as far as I was concerned. This yobbo behavior is not acceptable! If any of you plebs read this dont bother coming on Wed night your not welcome.

Why dont you have your own fuckwit night ride, you can ride around Darling Harbour and give the security guards shit they wont mind!

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
Ankle will be ok; swollen, sore and stiff today, hopefully good by the weekend....
Damned embarrasing way to do an ankle injury but.... :oops:

Do the idiots that we are talking about here (sweeny's mates?) get onto Farkin? If not, new meeting place would have to be the go....

naz

Criminally Inane
no sweeneys mate dont thankfully, i dont think they have been graced with the internet thank god. i cant remember names but ive been on a ride with them and i nearly cried there so crude. the guy on the one25 looks like trailer trash, acts like trailer trash, oh wait..

steve the guy on the giant ac is ok when hes not surrounded by the gutter talk.

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
Well, where do I start?

That was highly embarrassing, I now remember why I no longer go on Wed night rides. The low point was when about 5 MORONS started yelling out to some young girls of about 15yrs "Do you swallow etc....." in front of many public, ladies too no less! Oh and let's not forget the abuse to the poor Asian lady who just happened to walk past us at the slippery wall ride.

If people want to be chased out of every urban area, this is the way to do it! It was absolutely pathetic, each loudmouth trying to impress the other loudmouths. Seriously guys, if those mouthing off read this, you are a sad bunch that simply sound sexualy frustrated. Did you wonder why we all rode off from you?

Sorry to all those who wanted to go for a proper ride instead of a pose and tongue wag, but you won't be seeing me again.

Pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic!
I totally agree. :?
It was my first night ride and I was supprised that there were so many dickheads.
But there seemed to be a large bunch that were "normal"

Timmy Bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ona rampage said:
oi mate, were anyone of those guys shouting shit at school age? no. just because some youngsters will come in the holidays. doesnt mean theyre going to talk trash. im still in school, and so were the other younger guys. did you hear any shittalking from them? not trying to argue or anything, but dont just shift the blame onto the younger crowd.

as for those other guys, yes, it was pretty discracefull. and i was surprised none of the older guys told told him to shut the fuck up (im not blaming you, just after seeing how much you guys hate them, i was surprised) the worst had to be that guy without the helmet (dumb enough) who was just talking shit allnight. and being a gronk to the guy from queensland (i dont know your name, sorry) i know that would have pissed me off.

but appart from them, it wasnt THAT bad... kinda... sorta

steamfrog

Likes Dirt
OK

Ok hey why dont we make it a bit more obvious that these loosers are not welcome. We should get a bit more proactive and when someone like those tossers yell somehting like that out the group should really go the payout.. ie.. go home wanker. Lets give it back to them, if we as the normal group stand up and make it quite clear in no uncertain terms that there fukwits and should stay home next time. I mean king CHOAD (sweeny) and his little abusive army should be told that there not welcome and an embarassment to mountain bikers in general..

I know for one that if you guys bagged me heavily for doing somehting really dumbass like that I'd think twice about showing up.

Changing venue is a good idea but thos nobjockeys will still go to the city and still act like tossers. I for one have NO problem in saying what i htink to the wankers if they act like that when im around. After all they might get banned and a bad name but it does reflect on all of us.

"Why dont you go home looser and dont bother comming again cause you suck"
Is this too harsh?.. Id hate for this bunch ruin it for the rest of us as i do enjoy going riding..
I reckon half of sweenys bunch cant write there names let alone use a kompooter

Sweeny if you or one of your bumchums read this "your a fuking disgrace to humanity, go drag your racist knuckels elsewhere.. hopefull prison

Geez i got the shits!

Rik

logged out
Timmy199 said:
oi mate, were anyone of those guys shouting shit at school age? no. just because some youngsters will come in the holidays. doesnt mean theyre going to talk trash. im still in school, and so were the other younger guys. did you hear any shittalking from them? not trying to argue or anything, but dont just shift the blame onto the younger crowd.
I don't think you've been on the city rides long enough to say that. During holidays, we always get more idiots coming along, acting disgracefully. It's a trend, every holidays, more dickheads. Sure, the younger riders can act mature, and older riders can act immaturely, but just wait until next week, and witness the increase in bad behaviour.

As for group confrontations, that can get really messy really quickly. You have to tread lightly when dealing with those lacking intelligence.

ronezwun

Likes Bikes
Iv only been on two of these rides, and both times been bitterly dissapointed. Last night I wasnt there but this certainly isnt an isolated incedent. Bad vibes and racist C**TS who act like tools all night. Particularly one guy who always wears camo. When I worked in a shop I used to have to serve him and I swore he was some kind of SAS army reject psycho or a retard. Change the day and the meeting point., and maybe ill come along again.

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
Timmy199 - sorry mate, wasn't aimed at you (actually, don't know you from a bar of soap actually), but at the masses of 'youth'....Thanks to Rik and his excellent comments I don't think I need to expand anymore on my post.

I also agree with Rik's comment on confronting these guys. Obviously they are knob ends, with tickets on themselves, and will probably put up a front if you have a go at them. That will lead to an interesting showdown pretty quickly. They say the most dangerous creature of all is one that is cornered....same thing if they are in front of their little group, and have to try to act tough, and someone tells them to get farked, it could easily come to blows....and who knows what from there (trailing people around on rides, having a go at people leaving the group to go home, ect).

ronezwun; I think the guy in the cammo is sweeney BTW....do a search on here for details of his antics...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah I agree with Rik and Rampage here. I did confront Sweeny (yes the guy in cammo) about mouthing off one night and he stood his ground. I don't mind a good punch on, but f**ked if I want to be the one to bring it to the farkin rides. So I just left. That was about 10 weeks ago now and I hadn't been in since then. Last night I thought I'd come in to say g'day and have a social ride, I left about two hours earlier than usual.

I agree, change the venue and if they do start showing up we will eventually have to bite the bullet and tell them they aint welcome. But much better to leave that as a last resort I think.

OK, Wednesday 30th (I think, no calendar to check :oops: ) 630-7pm City side Harbour Bridge bike tunnel near the observatory as Carlin previously suggested. Any problems with this, speak up now because I want to start coming again :evil:

Also, when we do hook up a new spot, we must sort out any probs before they start, eg: first bloke who acts like a dick gets pulled aside by a few of the older crew and is told the deal. If he has to be told again he won't be welcome.

What does everybody think?

RCOH

Eats Squid
Rik said:
Timmy199 said:
I don't think you've been on the city rides long enough to say that.
Hey Rik, Timmy has been on pretty much every ride i have been on in the last few months (which is all of them bar one). He just doesn't talk much & rides well. I think he's 15/16 & one of the few non-retarded school kids that have ridden with us (his mates are cool as well). I say good on him for sticking up for his age group, as long as he lets people know that if they are tools then they will be shunned, like amish children who go bad :)

I propose a return to meeting at Cycle-Way Tunnel at observatory hill, as suggested by Carlin.

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
I would lean more towards 7 to 7:30, but I have to travel out from Liverpool to home to the city, so it takes me a while. Other then that, sounds good (ankle permitting).

mitchy

Squid
Rik said:
As for group confrontations, that can get really messy really quickly. You have to tread lightly when dealing with those lacking intelligence.
I agree Rik.
This is part reason that i keep my mouth shut, i dont particularly want to be the one to put myself in the firing line.

I was thinking about a PM system to organise, cos how do you know who reads this?

Maybe try a new meeting place...

Oh and Johnny.... Pathetic i agree.