Sydney (East) Riders

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Weasel wrote

MORE!!!

Want more people
So far were looking at a friday... if anyone has a problem let me know

I am KEEN. But only Tuesday / Friday and weekend are good for me.

KK

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stylinruss said:
Hey Gutty,
How do you know B_Star and Gravityfreak?
They are friends of mine too.
Yeah, they've told me about you. Just never clicked that it was the same Russ.
Ahh, i noticed on Ridemonkey that Justin was from Sydney and hit him up to go for a ride. He introduced me to Adrian a bit after that. I've only done one ride with Justo up at Redhill/Oxford falls(broke my heal) and one day down at Bulli but have never ridden with Adrian, just shot pics and drove the shuttle van when i was off with a busted wrist(Happened riding Justins bike down some stairs at Thredbo......stupid fool has his brakes back to front....).

Now that i'm back on the bikes again i'm sure it won't be too long before we meet. Though, as you can see Justin is a bit of a bad omen for me so.........maybe not. :wink:

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kitakishi said:
Sorry Dude, I haven't checked in here since leaving work on Friday, so I missed your post. Although it sounds like it not getting up may have been a good thing. Are you keen for a ride this weekend?

KK
Probably Saturday morning, hopefully it dries out a bit, It was a bit muddy on Friday!
What is the scouthall you are talking about with the drops??

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Fat_Ride said:
Probably Saturday morning, hopefully it dries out a bit, It was a bit muddy on Friday!
What is the scouthall you are talking about with the drops??

Saturday wasn't too bad with mud. A lot better than red hill gets anyway. Saturday morning suits me as i have a martial art class in the arvo. I usually ride till about 12:30 or 1 pm and then have to bolt so I like starting early (8 - 9ish).

I don't mind where we ride either.

The scout hall is the state scout centre? I think. Sorry I suck at giving directions to it :D as I only go there on the trails. The drops are just some built retaining walls 1 foot to 4 foot. There is some other rock drops up to six foot and an outdoor amphitheatre thingy with drops of 4 foot to 6 foot.

I usually ride a figure 8 type loop that starts at epping north up the concrete hill climb (the really big one) across penant hills park and over to (i think) fox valley road, then back the same way via the scout centre to pennant hills park then down single track to epping north ( the bit with the stone rolldown chute at a creek) I try and find some different things to mess round on.

KK

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Carlin,
I'll probably be heading down to Oxford this week sometime... What do you ride??

Do you know Red Hill very well... I still am yet to really be shown around the back of it?????
I ride a Stinky like every other third person out there, :wink:

I don't know all the individual tracks round the back of red hill but I can find my way around there pretty well and can show you around if you want?

What day do you think you wil be going to Oxford Falls?

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Alrighty fellas its turning out to be a Friday night session...

It'll be around 6:30/ 7:00pm for those wanting a time estimate.

I've yet to set a date as im currently grabbing a few others for around here and im still waiting to get my F@#$%g AC back of the bike shop.

I'll give you a certain date as soon as i can but till then please bear with me!

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Altogeather including parties off here and personal...

15 confermed plus hangers on as the word spreads and things like that.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Groovy

im still looking foward to hear from more...
With any luck i can turn this into a regular thing.

And remember no beenies people if your ride with me wear a helmet cus im not taking you to hospital.

Might sound a little old but im sick of heros smashing themselves to bits.

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
15 people is great! I reckon a regular thing is a good idea.

We should do the same thing on a weekend so we can ride some dirt. Maybe a different listee from an area should nominate a place / time etc We seem to have the norths south east and west covered.

KK

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Yep thats a good one

I'll see how this goes first then i'll branch it out...

Its just a matter of the initial ride to get over... ive covered more over here than i could by word of mouth and i hope people are spreading the word about this site and the ride im planning.

I'd like it to be huge and if it is large enough we can have a base for dirt riding and contacts so we can all group ride and not have to worry about panning because i can do it over here and give times meeting places and the like...

I havent got any dramas soing it as long as i get the numbers to make it worth doing.

That way people dont have to stress about people not turning up and times because its all takes care of by a 3rd party (Me)

Seems my years in the army and organizing things are paying off

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Also i'd like to know you people out there would go in for the idea i just mentioned.

Any input would be appriciated

felix

Cannon Fodder
Sydney rides and riders, for sure i'm down!:D

I'm strathfield based which is good for gettin o ut to the blue mtns if any1's down on the train. otherwise if i have a car i go take a look up at oxford falls or rnp at sutherland haven't had a chance to check out red hill or manly (apart from them being closed) yet, lcnp? didn't know their were trails there, how r they?

i'm on uni hols now too so have got more time if any1 wants to hook up for a ride otherwise normally i'm just free tue/fri

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Sounds good Weasel...

I need some inspiration to start stair-gappin'!

C'mon Gutty! Isn't there a train around Corrimal?

Can't be that far... just ride in!

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Cheers T.D.

Im stoked at the response im getting.
Im still getting replys and trying to finalise things...

SO bear with the ol Weasel and i'll make a date for all this 2 wheeled tomfoolery