Sydney's fastest farker! (Speed record's)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Next to Leichardt Oval, inna wesside.
Just be careful of pedestrians on the bridge ;)
exactly ... I was using the bridge as run off. Not a very steep road ... but its clear and straight ... and not that many slalom poles (peeps) to avoid at night.

Not sure I believe a 103kph on a DH on the road. I've ridden down sections of Bulli pass, admittedly with traffic and only got to 80s ... hmmmm *rubs chin* physical challenge.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reallllly wish I had a working bike ATM... Pretoria PD in Hornsby on my DH bike from memory was around about 68 or 69... Im getting a roadie soon too so yeah... gunna pwn noobs:D

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
why don't people believe it

exactly ... I was using the bridge as run off. Not a very steep road ... but its clear and straight ... and not that many slalom poles (peeps) to avoid at night.

Not sure I believe a 103kph on a DH on the road. I've ridden down sections of Bulli pass, admittedly with traffic and only got to 80s ... hmmmm *rubs chin* physical challenge.

this is recently what my mate's computer maxxed out at chasing me down that same hill (his first attempt also), he easily would have been over 100kph as he hit my slipstream & reeled me in like he had rockets attached to his bike. :cool:

Attachments

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
this is recently what my mate's computer maxxed out at chasing me down that same hill (his first attempt also), he easily would have been over 100kph as he hit my slipstream & reeled me in like he had rockets attached to his bike. :cool:
Cool ... we wanna a Vid ... hopefully hel cam ... that must be way cool.

is the street just smooth and steep or whats the deal ?

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tell you mate his spedo is crap, my one goes up to 300kph :p, not that that is possible on a bike! :p

firstly i don't come from sydney, i'm from melbourne.

but my fastest is 63.3kph down a fire road in the wombat state forrest near ballarat.

around hear i think:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...516,144.325933&spn=0.007679,0.013218&t=h&z=16

Nub

Banned
I'm going to install the speedo on the Manik tomorrow, see how quick I can go down Awaba street.

I'm actually nervous just thinking about it. :p Better pull the full face out.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Next to Leichardt Oval, inna wesside.
Just be careful of pedestrians on the bridge ;)
Remember that time you me and Wookie were doing that Blue Mountain long weekend, one Easter? That time I went off the road at full pelt and straight into the trees and you guys had to come back up the road searching for me, my speedo was stuck at 62 kph. How the fark I didn't get speared straight through a gum tree I'll never know, but that's probably the fastest I've ever gone...., and gone straignt off the road into the bush.

Feels good to be alive! :)

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That time I went off the road at full pelt and straight into the trees
I caught a bus down that hill last week, doing the tourist thing for a couple of visitors. I remember that righthand corner clearly and had to recite the story to their bemusement/disbelief.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Remember that time you me and Wookie were doing that Blue Mountain long weekend, one Easter? That time I went off the road at full pelt and straight into the trees and you guys had to come back up the road searching for me, my speedo was stuck at 62 kph. How the fark I didn't get speared straight through a gum tree I'll never know, but that's probably the fastest I've ever gone...., and gone straignt off the road into the bush.

Feels good to be alive! :)
I caught a bus down that hill last week, doing the tourist thing for a couple of visitors. I remember that righthand corner clearly and had to recite the story to their bemusement/disbelief.
are we talking dirt or Tar ... assume Tar, unless b_S is connected with the 4wd tour bus crowd :confused:

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tar road - Cliff Drive going West from the Three Sisters. Tightening radius right hand bend where the hill gets steeper as you turn more. 2 of us made it around, barely, but Johnny missed and straightlined it in to the bush where we found him many metres deep stuck amongst the shrubs. He's tough though, I think the trees were more scared of him than him of the trees.
Many LOLs, let's do it again :D

Nub

Banned
We should head out together one day, on the same hill, see who can goe the fastest. :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In 1981 when I was 11 my friend had an early speedo and we hit a top speed of 65km/h on a 10speed Apollo down Oatley Park Ave after school... we used to overtake the mums driving the kids home from school.

Nowdays I am the most chickenshit rider you will meet.

Framed

Likes Dirt
im going to pump up the tyres on my roadie and give this a go on the weekend. I'm trying it on a few roads. One near murfield HS and one on Bettington road.. Im a bit scared.

bmx>mtb

Likes Dirt
Is the one near muirfeild near the golf course, curls around down a valley through a little bush section?

Framed

Likes Dirt
yeh that bit, I forgot about this thread!!! I will have to have a go, um theres always too much traffic when Im off work, and going 4x4 this weekend. Ill post up when i get around to it.