Sydney's fastest farker! (Speed record's)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
65.1km/hr set some time ago on my Specialized Enduro on a (350m) but very steep road, Rosedale Road Gordon, heading from St Ives back towards the primary school

The run in to the ultra steep bit is quite long, but there is a really awkwardly place speed bump just before the dip

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh, and obviously this is a challenge

I'm borrowing some slicks and maxing out the pressure in the shocks for that roadie type ride just as soon as exams are over !!!:eek:

KWICKS

Likes Dirt
79km/h, Alexander St Collaroy (next to the cinema).

Photo is at home somewhere, I am not.
I call Bullsh1t. You'd have been out into the traffic of a major road via a T-intersection at the bottom if this were true. Unless you have phenomenal brakes.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I call Bullsh1t. You'd have been out into the traffic of a major road via a T-intersection at the bottom if this were true. Unless you have phenomenal brakes.

Nah, that hills is very long and you would have plenty of time to reach 79kmh and then brake before Pittwater road.

staunton

Likes Dirt
Oh, and obviously this is a challenge

I'm borrowing some slicks and maxing out the pressure in the shocks for that roadie type ride just as soon as exams are over !!!:eek:
Try essex street in gordon. Go to google maps and have a look at the street view. it is farkin steep. i got to about 65-70km/h on my old apollo until i smashed my speedo casing a jump at Terrey Hills BMX.

bradleyR513

Likes Dirt
I once had a comp like this with my mates. the winner got a free lunch. it was in Denistone on a massive hill.. ryedale rd i think. but when we were driving there i was removing sand from my cycle computer and after i finished cleaning it i put it on the dash board. Something magnetic in the engine was being picked up by my speedo and it registered as 99.9, so i showed my mates the computer after the comp and got a free lunch!!! how goods that. I was only doing 67 and they still believed me! haha, they aren't the smartest farkers though...

Dicky

Punter God
Nah, that hills is very long and you would have plenty of time to reach 79kmh and then brake before Pittwater road.
Knew it was reasonably fast, didn't check the speedo til later, it was past "silly grin" and somewhere near "wow, I really shouldn't screw this up" (it was at night).
Haven't been back to better it yet, probably won't either, too many blind driveways.

Started braking very early, 6" Alivio-ish mechanical discs don't do a whole lot at that sort of speed ;)

A set of Deore hydraulics went on a few days later...

Please don't try it kids, there are plenty of safer hills to bomb down
e.g. crack 40 across the top at Bungan and you'll spin out 44-11 (1" slicks + clipped in) at around 75km/h down the first part of Newport Hill, used to be a regular part of my trip home.

Last edited:

stinkblot

Likes Dirt
66.1 on roseville bridge. Only pedalled at top part then gained heaps of momentum could prob nudge high 70's with a full effort, maybe more. I know that road in collaroy. Went down it in an open face helmet as pillion on a mate's savage. My eyelids popped open like a parachute in some sections from the wind pressure blowing them open. My mate had long hair and it was whipping my face like a fine cat-o-nine tails. When we got to the bottom he told me we hit 140. My main thought at the time was - i hope noone backs out of their driveway.