Terrorism: Paris, Syria, Turkey, Belgium, Florida......

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Paris Under Attack...Terrorism

Sorry this is my last dig at the Cessnock derail..... Unless they come up with more gold.

You are assuming the folk from Cessnock are "people". One shouldn't jump to conclusions.
It seems they are just people.... With real feelings........

"The real kicker, though - the one that's really going to put some wrinkles in your brain - is when he protested about people looking down on him simply due to his appearance.

"People judge you just for the way you look, without knowing anything about you, which I think, that’s not fair."

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-...-bei/4162befa-51c1-46f7-a79a-8cffea8fb5bf.htm

Best bit was this...

To further ram that point home - the point being that he is not a racist - he pointed out the fact that he is familiar with the Bangladeshi owner of the local kebab shop he frequents.

"I don’t actually know his name, I call him Bangladesh, he’s my mate from the gym."

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Turkey gets most of its energy from Russia. Turkey has been at war with other Muslims for decades. Turkey is on the other side of the Assad equation from Russia. Seeing this along religious lines is a mistake.
while, the govt in turkey has an Islamist bent to it and seems to be moving away from secularism, it has an abject hate towards the Kurds and the Kurdish parties stopped the president from having his absolute power he needs to take more power constitutionally.

Everything points towards him giving underhand support to ISIL for probably power/political reasons.

I do however feel it is a very real mistake for people to extend that power and politics reasoning into ISIL - these guys are Islamicists, and Who do indeed control territory in the way a state does. (Taxes, services, citizens, the whole nine yards).

Turkey sure don't seem to be acting like a NATO member to me.....

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Paris Under Attack...Terrorism

Why? They shot down a Russian jet. I bet other NATO allies are wishing they could do it too ;-)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
while, the govt in turkey has an Islamist bent to it and seems to be moving away from secularism, it has an abject hate towards the Kurds and the Kurdish parties stopped the president from having his absolute power he needs to take more power constitutionally.

Everything points towards him giving underhand support to ISIL for probably power/political reasons.

I do however feel it is a very real mistake for people to extend that power and politics reasoning into ISIL - these guys are Islamicists, and Who do indeed control territory in the way a state does. (Taxes, services, citizens, the whole nine yards).

Turkey sure don't seem to be acting like a NATO member to me.....
Yes, there is a lot in the papers and think tanks that suggests Turkey has been assisting ISIS in indirect ways. The argument I make is that this support is not due to them being Islamic but because they are stopping the Kurds from forming a an autonomous Kurdish region in the north that may give support to the PKK. The reasoning I give for saying that Turkey's support is not based on religion is because Turkey kills Kurds and Kurds are the same religion as Turkey and as ISIS - they are all Sunni Islam.

Turkey is acting on geopolitical interests. Nothing to say that this is any better or worse than acting on religious reasoning, it's just different - different drivers and different consequences.

golden path

Banned
Turkey gets most of its energy from Russia. Turkey has been at war with other Muslims for decades. Turkey is on the other side of the Assad equation from Russia. Seeing this along religious lines is a mistake.
So Muslims kill other Muslims?

Fancy that.

I thought it was a religion of peace.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Last edited:

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Set up a fake attack in North Korea.

Get that crazy bloke Kim Jong Un as ISIS's number 1 enemy.

Problem solved.

Your Welcome

redbruce

Eats Squid
I doubt that fat prick could organise a root in a brothel.
Yet he ("that crazy bloke Kim Jong Un") manages to run a country?

Anyway, interesting (but wrong) perspective (think Thomas11 was thinking of a different instigator).

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry this is my last dig at the Cessnock derail..... Unless they come up with more gold.

It seems they are just people.... With real feelings........

"The real kicker, though - the one that's really going to put some wrinkles in your brain - is when he protested about people looking down on him simply due to his appearance.

"People judge you just for the way you look, without knowing anything about you, which I think, that’s not fair."

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-...-bei/4162befa-51c1-46f7-a79a-8cffea8fb5bf.htm

Best bit was this...

To further ram that point home - the point being that he is not a racist - he pointed out the fact that he is familiar with the Bangladeshi owner of the local kebab shop he frequents.

"I don’t actually know his name, I call him Bangladesh, he’s my mate from the gym."

He is on the front page of the local paper...If i had my own copy and a sharpie...oh the dicks!

placebo

Likes Dirt
I hope that Russian Bear bites back! :target:
Turkey's a NATO member, and has been for a long time. The quid pro quo of the Cuban missile crisis was the removal of Russian missiles from Cuba and American missiles from Turkey. Turkey has a substantial, modern, well trained airforce with it's own AWAC and tanker capabilities, and a long history of shooting down planes that mess with it's airspace, usually Greece or Syria. Russia chose the wrong place to do it's usual stunts, got a bit more than it bargained for, and won't do shit, because Turkey is capable of giving them more than Latvia, Estonia or Ukraine can.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As mentioned before: both parties have too much to lose (Turkey: Energy supply, Russia: Naval access beyond the Black Sea) and Russia has never been too sentimental about it's servicemen. Or it's civilians for that matter.
What with annexing Crimea, the Ukraine civil war, the current military aid to Assad and the need to show they have a strong defence in the face of disgruntled former republics such as Georgia (remember the whole South Ossetia punch-up from a few years ago?), old wounds such as Chechnya reopening and the ever present fear of the dreaded Germanic hordes invading from the West again. I'd say Putin has his hands full already.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How is racism even appropriate here? Islam is not a race and Muslims come from many differing parts of the world.

People don't understand how to use that word correctly

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How is racism even appropriate here? Islam is not a race and Muslims come from many differing parts of the world.

You don't want to stretch the vocabulary of the masses too much.

John U

MTB Precision

Maybe because they are using racial profiling to identify the targets of their angst? A lot of them probably aren't aware that there are white Muslims.

Is there a word for thinking a specific religion is inferior to your own religion (or your atheism)?