Thanks @Minlak

safreek

But increased thickness means increased material/mass. More material to absorb heat means it takes longer overall to heat up.

I don't think it'd make any practical difference for anyone not riding DH though...
And the added weight, could turn a bike into a heavy pig

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be worried about the pistons extending too far when the pads are worn out, but Oddjob's solution would prevent that too.
There would have to be more than .5mm of piston spare for when the pads wear and the pistons slowly work out over time surely. No one would run shit that tight would they???

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cut out 2x 0.25mm thick pieces of sheet metal, glue to the backing of each pad.

Easy peasy.
Yeah this or the uberrbike solution which seems easiest. I've used plenty of their stuff over the years including the rotors thast I want to use with these brakes.

Minlak

custom titis
Bastard! I think I'm going to give it a crack. No I won't sell you the spanky new XT's currently on it. Yes I am a wanker with too much money.
No! - You sir are currently my hero

If I hadn’t just started a business and watching cash flow I would already have them

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I figured that if I was buying these I may as well use the rotors they recommend - otherwise I may as well buy different calipers that would have worked with my existing Shimano rotors.
But mate the colours won't match!!!!

I hated my shimanos at Thredbo so keen to super keen to see how these go whenever I can get back
I've never had issues with Shimano's at Threedbo. I use Saints (XT's with Saint written on them) on my DH bike, XT M8000's on my Evil and M8020's on this park bike. I'll move the M8020's to my Pivot 429Trail when these sexy TRP's turn up for the park bike. Confused yet? Me too. But point is I quite like my shimano's and I now know how I can get them to feel exactly the way I like. My issue with Shimano is the bleed method. Having watched the TRP bleed procedure I much prefer the thread on syringe as opposed to the push on of the Shimano.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the only chink I found in @Oddjob 's suggestion is that Uberbike don't have TRP EVO compatible stuff yet!! I think I've got a mate that can precision cut me some shims though so I'm probably going to have a crack at it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yes I am a wanker with too much money.
If you’ve got too much I’d like some please.
I’m just a poor nerd in pain.

Also you don’t need precision cut shims dude. As long as they make 100% contact with the pistons it’ll be good, they don’t need to look schmick, you’ll never see them.

“what’sa couple of mm past manufacturer spec........ PRECISION SHIMMING MY DUDES, CAUSE ELECTROLYTES”
All the precision you need is in the thickness. Not the shape.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
There's no mention that they've changed the caliper, so the Saint / See pads should still fit.

On their page, the brake pads they mention state that they fit all of the TRP 4 pot brakes, so the Uberbike should fit fine.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's no mention that they've changed the caliper, so the Saint / See pads should still fit.

On their page, the brake pads they mention state that they fit all of the TRP 4 pot brakes, so the Uberbike should fit fine.
Mmmm I'll take another look, cheers
Also you don’t need precision cut shims dude. As long as they make 100% contact with the pistons it’ll be good, they don’t need to look schmick, you’ll never see them.
“what’sa couple of mm past manufacturer spec........ PRECISION SHIMMING MY DUDES, CAUSE ELECTROLYTES”
All the precision you need is in the thickness. Not the shape.
Yeah true. I'm def going to have a crack though. Cheers dude.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
There would have to be more than .5mm of piston spare for when the pads wear and the pistons slowly work out over time surely. No one would run shit that tight would they???
You'd think not, but we are talking about mountain bikes........

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@EsPeGe Sooooooo what are the thoughts on the new cane creak IPA then?

View attachment 369495
I think it's friggen' gorgeous, but bugger going with an anno colour theme you'll never be able to buy another (or replacement) part in the same colour for. Also, if you're doing a specific matchy-matchy special-release, why don't the fork lowers match the anodising colour?

PS: I may be bitter because it pictures eeWings and I can't afford them... :p