The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

RichJS

Likes Dirt
What do we think for tires? SMB8's all around. Or something alitttle more knobby?
Seeing as 99% of the trail at Sparrow Hill is as hard and smooth as concrete, then the smaller the knobs the better. Just watch out for sidewall cuts on the sharp rocks - I think because there's so few rocks they're easy to get complacent about.

McPete

Likes Dirt
I'm in, in a team of six. I think I'm going to be the only person on a hardtail... almost everyone else has just bought new dual suspension XC rigs.

As for tyres/wheels, at this stage, I'm thinking kevlar crossmarks on Crossmax STs borrowed from my Reign, running tubeless...

markfak

Likes Dirt
looking for team

Hi all,

If anyone knows of any teams that have pulled out or can't fill up members.
Hit me up...I have a few guys interested in there 1st 24hr.

Cheers,

Mark

S.Rademaker

Likes Bikes
tyre choice

i was riding at sparrow during the worlds on Schwable Nobby nics grip well but softside walls slashed both front and rear tyres in one ride over the full 40km loop.

now i am on Nokian Gazza NBK fast grippy and stronger side walls plus they are green friendly. if you have ever ridin at Mt Buller we have bigger and sharp rocks these tyres have lasted all summer.

Looking forward to this years Mont!

mtnbike

Squid
Transport to Mont

Howdy Sydney riders, like to be chauffeur driven to the Mont? MTNBIKE is running a special Mont 24 Race Shuttle Service to take you, your bike and gear for the weekend to and from the race. Space is limited so book early to get your comfy spot on the bus! check out www.mtnbike.com.au or http://tinyurl.com/themont for exact details

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Kids at the Mont

Does anyone have any experience of taking kids (8 & 5yrs) to the Mont or any 24 hour event?

How did you entertain them - or did you let them roam free?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Easy fixed, give them your number plate, that way your lap times will look quicker on the result sheet. Sheesh parents these days...

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
What can I say, I'm part of the breed and forget generation.

How about a cage over an ants nest? They won't get bored easily.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Who Eats Wins

The kids or the ants? Ants will get bored when they've had enough to eat, kids probably the same.

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any experience of taking kids (8 & 5yrs) to the Mont or any 24 hour event?
My kids have been kicking around the events for a while with little or no trouble, there are usually a few kids about so they get a little feral tribe thing happening, well... mine turn feral for the weekend.

Get them out there, after a few they will get used to it.

Mine will be down for Easter :D

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
My kids have been kicking around the events for a while with little or no trouble, there are usually a few kids about so they get a little feral tribe thing happening, well... mine turn feral for the weekend.

Get them out there, after a few they will get used to it.

Mine will be down for Easter :D
I'm still trying to get the FERAL out of my kids from when they hooked up with your kids last Easter.

Kris - I'll have my family at the MONT, plus in our little group there will be at least two other families with kids in the 1 yr to 9yr range, most around the 6yr age group.

The kids love it.